First-Year Coaching Grades

Mavric

Grading the First Year  

123 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If Martinez doesn't get his knee wrenched, we almost assuredly beat both Colorado and Troy for 6-6 with a bowl game upcoming.

If you only change that one aspect and the record gets that much better, does that make Frost's performance worthy of a higher grade?

Personally I'd probably grade a 6-6 season as a C+ (all other things remaining the same), which is also what I graded our 4-8 season.

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Personally I'd probably grade a 6-6 season as a C+ (all other things remaining the same), which is also what I graded our 4-8 season.

So you spend several posts chiding me for not considering wins and losses in my grade and then say that you'd give the same grade for a two-win discrepancy?

tenor.gif

• Haha 2
24 minutes ago, Mavric said:

If Martinez doesn't get his knee wrenched, we almost assuredly beat both Colorado and Troy for 6-6 with a bowl game upcoming.

If you only change that one aspect and the record gets that much better, does that make Frost's performance worthy of a higher grade?

It does, but it didn't happen. 

I gave it a C. I'm very happy with how the season ended, and think the future is very bright with Frost. But it was 4-8.

32 minutes ago, Mavric said:

So you spend several posts chiding me for not considering wins and losses in my grade and then say that you'd give the same grade for a two-win discrepancy?

tenor.gif

You have a very weird perception of 'chiding'. 

Two more wins because our quarterback didn't get hurt wouldn't change a coaching grade, would it? 

Edit: For the record if it was a percentage grade it would improve. Just not enough to change letter grades. I don't know that a non-winning season would or should ever deserve a B grade or better.

I love how all of you seem to think you can just grade people now!  Look...it took years of not really attending class, copying off others, finding the easiest classes I could, giving up my dream of being a PE "teacher" because some of the classes sucked, failing the Praxis test numerous times and then creating a resume where the only thing on it that was truthful was my name and phone number, to earn the right...no no...the privilege to give out grades.

Yeah...but I guess I would give Frost a B-...unless he parents called/emailed complaining...then I would jack the grad up a bit to get them off my back.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
37 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I love how all of you seem to think you can just grade people now!  Look...it took years of not really attending class, copying off others, finding the easiest classes I could, giving up my dream of being a PE "teacher" because some of the classes sucked, failing the Praxis test numerous times and then creating a resume where the only thing on it that was truthful was my name and phone number, to earn the right...no no...the privilege to give out grades.

Yeah...but I guess I would give Frost a B-...unless he parents called/emailed complaining...then I would jack the grad up a bit to get them off my back.

That’s a pretty hard test to fail. Did you drink as much every day of college as you do now on game days?

If I were to write a teaching resume I’d just make sure to use the word “foster” at least 3 times. They really like that word in education classes.

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

That’s a pretty hard test to fail. Did you drink as much every day of college as you do now on game days?

If I were to write a teaching resume I’d just make sure to use the word “foster” at least 3 times. They really like that word in education classes.

Good question...way more now!