QB Patrick Witt

His team lost 36-0 last night as Witt was 13-28-2-113 passing and rushed 8 times for minus 1 yard. Sure his team isn't very good but he is looking more and more like a project.

I think you may be underesimating how much of a difference it makes in Texas football to have some talent around you. I've heard that Witt plays in arguably the toughest district in Texas, that means there are some REALLY good teams he going against. Witt's teams just moved up to this level this year.

Look at it this way (not a great analagy, but kinda close) Pretty much everyone would agree that Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL. He played on a pretty good team and has quite a bit of talent around him. Now, put Peyton on the Raiders, do you really think he would have as good a year as he does with the Colts? I don't think so. The Raiders have no o-line and other than Randy Moss (and maybe LaMont Jordan) not a whole lot of talent.

My guess (again, I haven't seen any of Witt's games) is that his o-line does get pretty much dominated when they go against some of the better teams in the state. If you are under constant pressure and don't have playmakers on your team in the first place, it's going to be hard to win games, let alone put up big stats.

I trust that our coaches know what to look for in a QB, he was also recruited by some other coaches that know QB's (Leach, Spurier, etc) And the best part is he will be here in January and won't even have to compete for the starting job until he has a year and a half of learning the system under his belt.

JMO

Go Big Red!

im not overly excited about this kid, i think we can do better.

but it is true that spurrier and leach know their qb's.

to be honest, right now cally can't recruit sh#t for qbs......we slobbered all over every decent recruit all summer and got nowhere..what does this tell you?? i know what it tells me.........let's see what he does with Sam Keller this spring and next season.......if he fu#*$ this kid up, then we should have our final answer about his coaching ability.......the way i see it cally and cos will really have their collective asses on the line next year.....one more year of this mickey mouse coaching and most of us will have a gut full......if he turns it around, fine.....i just want this over with, one way or the other!

hunter