Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

13 minutes ago, dankebe said:

I always thought it would be cool to get rid of the chain link fence between the stands and the sidelines and replace with something similar to what Georgia does with its hedges.  But instead of just green hedges do some kind of red plant like a burning bush or maybe even rose plants.  Could be cool.

That could look cool at the beginning of the season.....but like crap at the end. 

1 minute ago, Moiraine said:

I think it’d be fine as long as it’s only a row or 2. 

I’m sorry too. 

I’m also sorry that no one has laugher at my football field shaped pool joke. 

That was a joke???  Sounds like a solid idea to me....:dunno

You could make one "end zone" the deep end with a diving board, and the other "end zone" a shallow zero entry.  There could be a gradual depth change as you go from one end to the other.  I think a rectangle shaped pool would work out well :thumbs

• Plus1 1
30 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

You're thinking too small. 

Image result for top thrill dragster

Top thrill dragster at Cedar Point, nice. I think Dabo is already looking into this. 

https://www.wltx.com/video/sports/ncaa/clemson-tigers/dabo-swinney-on-his-wild-ride-over-the-weekend/101-8284168

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know the arms race with facilities is important to recruiting. 

But, none of this will actually make a football player better than what we already have. 

Construction industry loves it though. 

One other added bonus is it probably helps keep the players out of trouble.

This will be interesting to watch develop. I've been keeping my eye on something like this for a bit, because our current facilities are now 12-13 years old, which seems longer than it feels. The most intriguing part is how fast they'll have to get it done so as to not wildly interrupt various parties. 

I'd say do it after spring practice, but track season will still be going on in to May/June? If you're going to do demo of the current indoor practice facility and other areas, that leaves very little time. 

5 minutes ago, teachercd said:

They could tear down Richards Hall and expand in that direction.  That place is a s#!thole.  My first class ever was in that building and I don't think they have done anything to it since I was talking my world history class.

If they don’t care about the campus looking collegey they could tear down Avery and the 4 buildings to the east and make 1 big mega building for all of the departments. 

Just now, Moiraine said:

If they don’t care about the campus looking collegey they could tear down Avery and the 4 buildings to the east and make 1 big mega building for all of the departments. 

Shoot, was is the tall white building?  That one is horrible too.

Also, get rid of the quad...they only use that for photoshopped pictures for the schools website...where one person of every race/religion/gender/ability just happen to be hanging out reading books, playing the guitar and tossing a frisbee.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Shoot, was is the tall white building?  That one is horrible too.

Also, get rid of the quad...they only use that for photoshopped pictures for the schools website...where one person of every race/religion/gender/ability just happen to be hanging out reading books, playing the guitar and tossing a frisbee.  

Hamilton Hall. Also you’re description of the quad is very accurate and gave me a good laugh. 

• Mavric changed the title to Big announcement coming?