Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

28 minutes ago, GSG said:

I kinda feel bad for those of you who had "dumpy" campuses. Mine looked (and still does look) like all the pictures

Correct. Lincolns campus is one of the nicest ones and they have done a ton of stuff since. a few crappy areas but I loved walking around campus and since I left 7 years ago it is even nicer.

9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

As cold as I was for the MSU game.....I'm not thinking that's a good idea.

IT WILL BE IN-DOORS.... DUHHHHH!

But good idea, I want an Ice slide outside as well now.

Moos is keeping the dome card close to his vest but he let this slip out

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Nebraska-athletic-director-Bill-Moos-overview-of-Scott-Frosts-first-season-leading-Husker-football-program-125584740/

He points out that the Huskers endured about every weather condition possible at home games this past year, including an opener against Akron that was called off due to lighting.

Moos told the JournalStar nothing is coming imminently.

So what’s coming down the pipe for Nebraska?

Moos told the Journal Star that nothing’s imminent, but the school is always planning long range.

“There are facilities in football that I believe need to be upgraded,” he said. “I don’t know if it’s necessary to do it immediately, but we do need to have a long-range plan to address some of those things and we’re in those conversations as we speak.”

Whether it’s a stadium renovation or facilities upgrades or a standalone center like many power conference football programs are trying to go to, how do you know when it’s the right time to go for a major project?

“I want to be aggressive, and yet we also want to be smart and really make sure, as we develop funding models for any of our facilities, that they are solid and realistic,” Moos said. “That’s really where we are right now on a variety of three, four, five facility needs that I think are important. Certainly we can get by and I think we can be competitive without (upgrades).

"But like I’ve said before, I’ve got people that are thinking about tomorrow and (also) that are seriously working hard to make sure we get things done today, but my mind is five to 10 years down the road. That’s where I have to have my focus. In that regard, there’s a lot of things that I think ideally could improve within the next three to five years.”

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know the arms race with facilities is important to recruiting. 

But, none of this will actually make a football player better than what we already have. 

Construction industry loves it though. 

I'll disagree with this a bit.

1- It may contribute to attracting and signing better players. At the very least, it may prevent some players from going elsewhere due to being impressed by "better" facilities.

2- Depending on the amenities included in the new facility, it may very well help to make them better players. Think nutrition, health and recovery, training, etc. Not sure what it could include that we don't already have but looking back 10-20-30 years, you can easily surmise that our state of the art facilities have contributed to making the players better. I don't think we can assume we're at the pinnacle now and no further improvements can be had.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
53 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

LETS MAKE IT A WATER SLIDE!

Oh man, my inner eight-year old has come screaming to the surface.

Make it a slide!

No, a water slide!

No, a water slide with tunnels and stuff!

NO, A WATER SLIDE THAT USES SWEAT FROM PLAYERS THAT JUST GOT DONE WORKING OUT IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!

IN THE BRAND NEW WEIGHT ROOM THEY BUILD!!!!!

WHERE THEY WORK OUT BY BUILDING MORE WATER SLIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/giggles uncontrollably

Oh man, we're going to win so many national titles now 

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I know the arms race with facilities is important to recruiting. But, none of this will actually make a football player better than what we already have.

Well, Frost wants a bigger roster to build depth - and thus better players on the field - right? Supposedly a lot of what's being considered is just to be able to handle that many players, like having more lockers available.

2 hours ago, Crusader Husker said:

I think Coach Frost wants bigger locker rooms.  The current situation does not house the entire team.  I think they also want the "freshmen" locker room closer.

This seems to be the driving factor - locker rooms and meeting rooms. 

When they re-built the North Stadium Complex, Callahan said they'd never have more than 125 players on the roster.  The current facilities simply do not fit the number of players we have now - probably 140 next year.  They are in two separate locker rooms now and they might have to also use the South Stadium locker room next year because there is simply not enough space.  And they have the same issues with meeting rooms.

2 hours ago, Hans Gruber said:

Oh man, my inner eight-year old has come screaming to the surface.

Make it a slide!

No, a water slide!

No, a water slide with tunnels and stuff!

NO, A WATER SLIDE THAT USES SWEAT FROM PLAYERS THAT JUST GOT DONE WORKING OUT IN THE WEIGHT ROOM!

IN THE BRAND NEW WEIGHT ROOM THEY BUILD!!!!!

WHERE THEY WORK OUT BY BUILDING MORE WATER SLIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/giggles uncontrollably

Oh man, we're going to win so many national titles now 

I was with you and then things got weird...Then i got back on board in the idea we will win national championships by having really strong guys who got strong from building waterslides.

LETS FREAKING DO THIS!

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to Big announcement coming?