Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Barbeque chicken nachos how about you? 

We might as well go down the delicious food road again until something BIG is announced.  I've never been big on chicken where beef or sausage is more traditional.  Sure give me fried chicken, chicken salad or a chicken sandwich but chicken on pizza, chicken calzone, chicken burgers - I'll pass.  Somehow I came home from the store the other day with turkey summer sausage but didn't realize it until I started to eat it.  That kind of stuff should be clearly labeled.  I had to go back and get two beef summer sausages just to get the taste of that turkey crap out of my mouth.

Lunch was forgettable.  However, because traffic was backed up, I swung int McD's and had their new triple stack for breakfast.  Those are something to sink your teeth into without regret.  Prime rib for dinner.

• Fire 1

4 hours ago, 4skers89 said:

We might as well go down the delicious food road again until something BIG is announced.  I've never been big on chicken where beef or sausage is more traditional.  Sure give me fried chicken, chicken salad or a chicken sandwich but chicken on pizza, chicken calzone, chicken burgers - I'll pass.  Somehow I came home from the store the other day with turkey summer sausage but didn't realize it until I started to eat it.  That kind of stuff should be clearly labeled.  I had to go back and get two beef summer sausages just to get the taste of that turkey crap out of my mouth.

Lunch was forgettable.  However, because traffic was backed up, I swung int McD's and had their new triple stack for breakfast.  Those are something to sink your teeth into without regret.  Prime rib for dinner.

A truly big news event was the fact I swung by a Taco John's and got an Apple Grande this evening. #DeliciousDecisions 

It' has been about 20 years or so since the greatest teams and era of Husker football so I would think there ought to be a new generation of recruits as the sons of the legends are hitting age.    A "Legacy Project" of some kind whereby the focus should be on bringing back all the former players and their progeny so perhaps a facility dedicated to them would be a great way to promote the improvements and fund raising at the same time.   A dome roof would be a tremendous upgrade and would enable our offense to function at its best in several games a year without the "all kinds of weather' interference.   I am sure the engineers can build a roof over about anything if the price is right.   It would also make the stadium into a great practice facility year round and make better use of that field as well.   Other sports and teams (soccer, etc) might find it valuable as well.  Not to mention the possible non athletic uses for a large capacity arena type venue it creates.   Probably a massive $$$ price tag but its about time for Warren Buffet to actually donate more than his applause at games.   He could fund an entire new stadium (the Husker Dome) from pocket change anyway.        

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

It' has been about 20 years or so since the greatest teams and era of Husker football so I would think there ought to be a new generation of recruits as the sons of the legends are hitting age.    A "Legacy Project" of some kind whereby the focus should be on bringing back all the former players and their progeny so perhaps a facility dedicated to them would be a great way to promote the improvements and fund raising at the same time.   A dome roof would be a tremendous upgrade and would enable our offense to function at its best in several games a year without the "all kinds of weather' interference.   I am sure the engineers can build a roof over about anything if the price is right.   It would also make the stadium into a great practice facility year round and make better use of that field as well.   Other sports and teams (soccer, etc) might find it valuable as well.  Not to mention the possible non athletic uses for a large capacity arena type venue it creates.   Probably a massive $$$ price tag but its about time for Warren Buffet to actually donate more than his applause at games.   He could fund an entire new stadium (the Husker Dome) from pocket change anyway.        

Why is it always Buffet’s responsibility to donate to Husker athletics? I see this time and time again.  I don’t know any amount but I’m sure Buffet has donated plenty of $ to the University and/or Athletic Department. Plus, Buffet may be one of the wealthiest men in America, but he’s already pledged to donate most of his $ to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is probably a much more worthy cause than a college football stadium. The Athletic Department is already flush with $.  Sorry for the rant, but I get tired of people telling rich people what they should be doing with their $. 

• Plus1 6
  • Mavric changed the title to Big announcement coming?