Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

12 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why is it always Buffet’s responsibility to donate to Husker athletics? I see this time and time again.  I don’t know any amount but I’m sure Buffet has donated plenty of $ to the University and/or Athletic Department. Plus, Buffet may be one of the wealthiest men in America, but he’s already pledged to donate most of his $ to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which is probably a much more worthy cause than a college football stadium. The Athletic Department is already flush with $.  Sorry for the rant, but I get tired of people telling rich people what they should be doing with their $. 

Buffet is always telling everyone they ought to be paying more taxes while he avoids most taxes by employing trusts and 'charitable' donations, etc.   He has donated some to Omaha facilities but by his standards I think the numbers are minimal.  Not wanting to divert this discussion from football facilities but as it is often said charity begins at home so why donate to some  mega 'charity' on the west coast?

• Plus1 3

2 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Buffet is always telling everyone they ought to be paying more taxes while he avoids most taxes by employing trusts and 'charitable' donations, etc.   He has donated some to Omaha facilities but by his standards I think the numbers are minimal.  Not wanting to divert this discussion from football facilities but as it is often said charity begins at home so why donate to some  mega 'charity' on the west coast?

Fair argument about Buffet putting more money towards local charities.  It would be great if Buffet donated more $ to local charities, but Nebraska football isn’t exactly a charity. It’s a $ making machine. I think that the Gates foundation is finding better uses of the $ other than making sure Nebraska has a kick a$$ locker room or a domed football stadium (which isn’t needed). Again, I don’t have an issue if people want to donate to the Athletic Department, it’s their $.  

• Plus1 3
20 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

we all pay more in taxes and Warren can just fund the athletic department at Nebraska. sounds fair to me in a roundabout way 

11 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Fair argument about Buffet putting more money towards local charities.  It would be great if Buffet donated more $ to local charities, but Nebraska football isn’t exactly a charity. It’s a $ making machine. I think that the Gates foundation is finding better uses of the $ other than making sure Nebraska has a kick a$$ locker room or a domed football stadium (which isn’t needed). Again, I don’t have an issue if people want to donate to the Athletic Department, it’s their $.  

So, not to call either of you out, but neither of you have a clue about what you are talking about in regards to Buffet money. There are very few projects at the 501c3 or collegiate level that does not receive some kind of Buffet money.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to Big announcement coming?