Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

I do agree with Moos.  We are probably sitting around that 8 or 9 mark as of right now.  

Since the beginning of 2017,  these schools have dropped serious cash into their facilities.

NW:  $265 million

Purdue:  $300 million

Mich:  $168 million

Illini:  $79 million

Rutgers:  $115 million

There are others teams like tOSU and Michigan St. that have spent $7.8 and $5 million on upgrades in the last year.  

Iowa is currently adding onto their stadium but couldn't find what they are spending.  They also built a new indoor facility and updated a bunch of stuff. 

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

I do agree with Moos.  We are probably sitting around that 8 or 9 mark as of right now.  

Since the beginning of 2017,  these schools have dropped serious cash into their facilities.

NW:  $265 million

Purdue:  $300 million

Mich:  $168 million

Illini:  $79 million

Rutgers:  $115 million

There are others teams like tOSU and Michigan St. that have spent $7.8 and $5 million on upgrades in the last year.  

Iowa is currently adding onto their stadium but couldn't find what they are spending.  They also built a new indoor facility and updated a bunch of stuff. 

We should spend $301 million then. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, C N Red said:

Let's get it done then. History says we are only 2 years away from winning a NC. '71 to '94 is 23 years. '97 to '20 will be 23 years.

The Dark Age of Cornhusker Football that began with the outbreak of WWII was the same length: Biff Jones's last conference championship was in 1940 (which was also Nebraska's first bowl game appearance in the Rose Bowl), and Bob Devaney's first CC was in 1963.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

We're nowhere near 8th or 9th in the league. The stadium counts as 'football facilities', for one. So does the weight room, which is still one of the biggest and best in America. So does the locker room, which is as nice and decked out as anyone else's.

The locker room is nice, but it isn't big enough for the new roster size, and it's a good walk from the locker room to the indoor practice facility.

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If any other locker rooms in the B1G can house 150 players I'll rescind my statement.

My thoughts exactly. It’s only lacking in size because we want a thousand walk ons.

This is not to say I don’t want it expanded. I want everything bigger and better. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

My thoughts exactly. It’s only lacking in size because we want a thousand walk ons.

This is not to say I don’t want it expanded. I want everything bigger and better. 

A thousand walk-ons would be something.... We should implement every womens' sport imaginable, and give it a whirl! Think of the gems you could find if you had 1,000!!!!