Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

9 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is there are already several construction companies that are aware of the project and are looking to bid it.

It's happening.  Just have to see when it is actually announced.  Still the latest I've seen is probably not for a couple months yet.

Would it be renovations or new building I wonder? The Hawks Championship Center was in 2005, i believe?

5 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Would it be renovations or new building I wonder? The Hawks Championship Center was in 2005, i believe?

I think the safe answer would be just a full bore renovation. The skeleton in north stadium is still solid and I don't think they necessarily have to get a new building, but they could do a lot with the interior by means of total annihilation.

But what do I know. :lol:

3 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think the safe answer would be just a full bore renovation. The skeleton in north stadium is still solid and I don't think they necessarily have to get a new building, but they could do a lot with the interior by means of total annihilation.

But what do I know. :lol:

EXACTLY YOU'RE JUST A MOD ON HUSKERBOARD! :P

• Plus1 1

Bigger newer locker room. Bigger newer weight room. Better connection to East Stadium Performance Lab and such. Bigger space and better infrastructure for food and nutrition inside the facility, etc. I guess bigger practice space? Though I don't know why that'd be necessary. Most new facility upgrades aren't much in terms of actual substance. I mean, we've already got magnificent facilities. Technologically there's not too many places to go to do anything drastic. It's just the ability to say it's new and state of the art. 

Decent enough chance they might incorporate housing into it though.

If they build it where the track is, I wonder what they do with all the North stadium stuff that's built into it.

They want to have the locker room, players lounge, weight room, study rooms, meeting rooms and practice field all within a doors opening. 

Sounds like Frost doesnt like that the players get dressed in N. Stadium and then have to walk across the sky walk to get to practice.  

• 4 weeks later...

Word is we should look for a summer announcement, maybe June.

Story is they are trying to be sensitive to any budget issues that the University might face so they are waiting to see if anything drastic comes out of the Legislature this session.  The state is looking at more of budget shortfall than anticipated - not terrible but a shortfall none-the-less - so they want to make sure they have all the ducks in a row in case the University gets funds cut to some degree.

But word is when the announcement comes, it will on the best-in-the-country scale.

6 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Story is they are trying to be sensitive to any budget issues that the University might face so they are waiting to see if anything drastic comes out of the Legislature this session.  The state is looking at more of budget shortfall than anticipated - not terrible but a shortfall none-the-less - so they want to make sure they have all the ducks in a row in case the University gets funds cut to some degree.

But word is when the announcement comes, it will on the best-in-the-country scale.

interesting

30 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Wait until we have to start paying for a lot more Medicaid patients. Then the budget is going to be s#!t. They need to just legalize gambling in the state in order to make money to help pay for roads, schools, more Medicaid patients, etc.  We send so much money across the river, we look like a bunch of idiots.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1