Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Dinardo is also part of the reason why I think this. Why would I not trust someone who travels to view the team facilities and is part of the B10 and has been a head coach at this level?

You 'member when the BTN guys came to Lincoln during the 2017 fall camp and said it was the best practice they've seen? I 'member.

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

You must have missed the part where I said I have been to some of these facilities/stadiums for the B10 and B12...Dinardo is also part of the reason why I think this. Why would I not trust someone who travels to view the team facilities and is part of the B10 and has been a head coach at this level? What are you sources? Twitter Husker mob stating we have the best facilities in the nation? :thumbs

Uh, because it's Dinardo???

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

You must have missed the part where I said I have been to some of these facilities/stadiums for the B10 and B12...Dinardo is also part of the reason why I think this. Why would I not trust someone who travels to view the team facilities and is part of the B10 and has been a head coach at this level? What are you sources? Twitter Husker mob stating we have the best facilities in the nation? :thumbs

You were asked about your assertion in regards to the entire nation.

Dinardo works for the Big Ten and visits Big Ten schools.

People have been trying to explain this to you for so many posts now how are you still not getting any of it?

• Plus1 1

This will be an issue sooner rather than later.  I know Nebraska has top of the line facilities, but middle of the pack for the Big Ten is not good enough and we do need to up grade if we expect to be the best.  This is a great time to get this done with the momentum he now has!   https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-with-clout-and-momentum-moos-could-ramp/article_17c98ff9-bec0-5be1-8257-224e77aba1b3.html

• Plus1 1

The to-do list never ends at Nebraska, and Moos has his aim on these things:

» For golf, an on-campus indoor-and-outdoor facility with some outdoor holes and a short-game area.

» A new swimming natatorium.

» Memorial Stadium fan enhancements, including more restrooms and escalators in the south and north end zones.

» Finally, a new stand-alone Nebraska football complex, which would include a new weight room designed specifically for football. Moos said that could go where the outdoor track is located, or the parking lot adjacent to the Hawks Championship Center.

OWH

• 1 month later...
On 4/7/2019 at 5:27 PM, Mavric said:

OWH

I'd have a hard time seeing them put it where the parking lot is, and truthfully makes more sense where the track is. The coaches, other staff, big boosters, etc park in that lot. Where will they have them park if they put it there, across the railroad tracks?

20 minutes ago, C N Red said:

I'd have a hard time seeing them put it where the parking lot is, and truthfully makes more sense where the track is. The coaches, other staff, big boosters, etc park in that lot. Where will they have them park if they put it there, across the railroad tracks?

Everything I've seen indicates the new facility will go where the track is.  I don't remember if I've seen anything on where the track would be moved unless it's on the Innovation Campus somewhere.  That is where they are wanting to put some sort of golf facility (for the University).

I agree that the parking lot would be tough to move from a political standpoint.  I seem to remember talk of getting rid of it from an aesthetic/green space stand-point for the university but I don't think I've ever seen talk of the new football facility going there.