Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

8 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Still seems stupid. Not the idea of lodging by itself, but having it because the Akron situation might happen again, or even having it for our opponents. If we have something like that, it should be for fans or players' families.

There are plenty of places that would be just as difficult or more difficult to deal with than Lincoln, and they don't all have a city as big as Omaha next door.

I could be mistaken, but I think NU foots the cost of their lodging. I don’t know, maybe it’s a method to save money 

5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Our non conference games used to mostly be at 11, so lightning storms were less likely.

The funny thing is theres a chance of a thunderstorm the Saturday evening of our first game... good thing the game's at 11 :)

• Plus1 1
6 hours ago, CapoValley said:

I could be mistaken, but I think NU foots the cost of their lodging. I don’t know, maybe it’s a method to save money 

I have never heard that the home teams pays for the lodging of the visiting team.  I can't believe that is true.

And I can't see a visiting team even wanting to stay in UNL provided housing.  You know how paranoid football coaches are?  They would believe that we had that placed bugged.

If anything, building a hotel type facility would be for our team the night before the game.  Back in the day NU used to stay at one on East Campus the night before the game until that was demolished (???) and now they stay at the Cornhusker Marriott downtown.

• Plus1 1

51 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I have never heard that the home teams pays for the lodging of the visiting team.  I can't believe that is true.

I don't know about conference foes, but the cream puff match ups I think the lodging is probably negotiated in their payday contracts. We basically pay them for the honor of getting the s#!t kicked out of them. Or that's what it used to be, and how it will be again soon. :woo:zoom

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

I don't know about conference foes, but the cream puff match ups I think the lodging is probably negotiated in their payday contracts. We basically pay them for the honor of getting the s#!t kicked out of them. Or that's what it used to be, and how it will be again soon. :woo:zoom

Here's the Akron contract, no mention of lodging. http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/Nebraska+Akron+contract.pdf

If you have a lodging set up, it isnt going to help an Akron situation.

Any lodging will be spoken for going into a game and I doubt they give it to an opposing team. If anything I could see the team staying there similar to how they stay at a hotel.

It sounds like it will more be for Boosters or others to stay at. 

I would assume we arent far from making our digs state of the art. 

• Plus1 1