Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

9 minutes ago, gorp512 said:

It will probably take at least 2 years? 

I would think so.  If the rumors are true they'll have to move the track facilities before they even start working on the football building so I can't imagine they'd even break ground until next summer at this point.

2 minutes ago, Landlord said:

It's not exactly an apt comparison because Northwestern's facility also houses a lot of stuff for other athletics programs as well.

I think it's as apt as any, considering it's still  130 million more than NU is rumored to spend.  The post I was responding to was making it sound like $140 million was so far above a really nice facility at Purdue costing $65 million, that it would be a Mecca.  I was simply pointing out the arms race to him. 

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I think it's as apt as any, considering it's still  130 million more than NU is rumored to spend.  The post I was responding to was making it sound like $140 million was so far above a really nice facility at Purdue costing $65 million, that it would be a Mecca.  I was simply pointing out the arms race to him. 

$140 million might put it far above Northwestern, considering our foundation was better. I don't know enough about the details of either place though.

14 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

$140 million might put it far above Northwestern, considering our foundation was better. I don't know enough about the details of either place though.

I hear what you are saying about existing stuff.  

I see a range of dollar amounts for recent upgrades to facilities:

https://www.postandcourier.com/sports/athletics-arms-race-how-and-why-clemson-is-spending-more/article_3c53d6c9-ec1d-5734-b936-9424ee7cc335.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/LongFormArticle/Alabama-football-Clemson-Tigers-Nick-Saban-Ohio-State-Buckeyes-LSU-college-facilities-rankings-2019-134061740/Amp/

I would expect $140 million to include stadium upgrades,  not just team facilities. 

Guessing the $140mm includes a new track if their moving that, plus a football facility and stadium upgrades. LSU's recent upgrade was $28mm and we aren't exactly starting from scratch so gotta think there's a lot in there. Moos knows how to spend some serious money though. 

Yeah if you look at @runningblind's second link, the pricetag on other schools' elite football only complexes/projects range from 20-70 million. Oregon's was 68 million, Clemson's was 55 million, A&M's was 20 million, South Carolina's was 50 million, etc. 

So that price tag would obviously include a lot more than only that. It'll be a much more comprehensive sort of approach it seems.

13 hours ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

All I've heard is a lot of speculation but it does seem eminent, especially with DiNardo bringing up. My money would be sometime during the run up to the OSU game.

He made the same comments last year I believe.