Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

21 minutes ago, Sker4Ever said:

This is a done deal. Within the last couple weeks officials and donors have visited Clemson and Bama to see their respective projects.

Hope is that this season is a success and they can announce it with some on field momentum and excitement to lessen any criticism. Let’s hope that gamble pays off.

I say it’s more of an investment than gamble. If we don’t invest and keep up with the Jones then we’ll get left way behind 

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Gorillahawk said:

I say it’s more of an investment than gamble. If we don’t invest and keep up with the Jones then we’ll get left way behind 

I was referring to the timing of the announcement. Waiting to announce while a team is in a successful season. If things don’t go as expected it may have been smarter to announce right before the season when the hype train was rolling down the tracks

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, Sker4Ever said:

I was referring to the timing of the announcement. Waiting to announce while a team is in a successful season. If things don’t go as expected it may have been smarter to announce right before the season when the hype train was rolling down the tracks

I gotcha now, and your totally right, the only upside to announcing it at the end if we have a craptastic season would be to help distract from the season itself 

15 minutes ago, Mavric said:

A booster that saw the the plans says "it will be the biggest and best in the country".

Project said to be around $160M and they have $60M cash in hand.

More confirmation that the track will move to the Innovation Campus.  Also the possibility of a Marriott hotel there as well.

tenor.gif

ANY IDEA ON WHEN THEY PLAN ON MAKING THE ANNOUNCEMENT?