Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Game day is not likely to be in Lincoln. 

His ESPN contact said it's more likely to go to the Utah game.

But....it hadn't been decided yet so it's still slightly possible.

Well, too bad the BTN Tailgate has been already set. Would have been a good alternative...

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Do we think the facilities would be finished for this batch of recruits?

I would guess that if they announce it next week, it will start immediately after the season ends.  The vast majority of, whatever they are doing, should be done within two years....I would think.

So....yes.

That said....I could be totally wrong.  The University just announced a fantastic new upgrade to the engineering building ($85,000,000).  It's supposed to start in October and not be done till 2022.  

So, I would think at least by the time these recruits are seniors, they would see the final upgrades.

59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would guess that if they announce it next week, it will start immediately after the season ends.  The vast majority of, whatever they are doing, should be done within two years....I would think.

So....yes.

That said....I could be totally wrong.  The University just announced a fantastic new upgrade to the engineering building ($85,000,000).  It's supposed to start in October and not be done till 2022.  

So, I would think at least by the time these recruits are seniors, they would see the final upgrades.

From the rumors it sounds like there's a lot to do. They need to wait for track season to finish. Build the new track/tear the old one down, and all the construction. Lord knows it takes almost two years to build a parking garage.

• Plus1 1
58 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So....yes.

I would think two years is a pretty good guess at it as well.  Would be awesome for it to be ready to open for the start of the 2021 season but that's probably not realistic at this point.

I'm guessing the biggest hang-up will be exactly where they are moving the track.  I'm pretty sure it's going to the Innovation Campus but I don't know if there is open ground there now or if there will have to be buildings cleared to make room for it.  I suppose it's unlikely that it will be done before spring which means the track team will be in place through the end of their season (June?) before any work can even start on the new facility so two years from next summer is probably more realistic.

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

From the rumors it sounds like there's a lot to do. They need to wait for track season to finish. Build the new track/tear the old one down, and all the construction. Lord knows it takes almost two years to build a parking garage.

I'm not sure exactly where the track is going, but it's possible the track can be built during the track season.  Any modifications/upgrades to the stadium (south stadium) can start immediately after the final home game November 29th.