Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

15 hours ago, dvdcrr said:

How can Oregon's facility be the nicest without any NC hardware to show?  Phil can't buy that I see.

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

8 hours ago, mnhusker said:

You know lived in Eugene when this opened and have seen it, I'm just not sure I grasp the ranking,  and I think the main reason really is the lack of hardware to show off.  

You know, I'm just sayin, if you have for example a really showy trophy case with lets say 5 National Championship trophies right in the heart of your football facility, that really kicks it up a notch to me.  Much more so than say a big screen TV or a Large neon yellow decorative zero.  

To me it is like comparing hunting lodges, only one of them has no antlers in it.

• Plus1 1

• 1 month later...

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

I've heard that 150 is the target number.  We'll be adding a few more this year but probably lose a few as well.  But I would guess that the 2020 season will see that 150 number.

I'm hearing that we shouldn't be surprised if an announcement is made this summer with plans to have a new facility in place two years after that.  Main issue is cleaning up some behind-the-scenes stuff - mainly making sure all the bases are covered to be sensitive to budget cuts the rest of the University is looking at even though the athletic department is printing money.

So are we getting a dome or not?

• Plus1 1