Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

26 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I've been to and seen other facilities in the B10 - we are probably 6th. Moos has us even worse than that...

Moos pauses when asked to rank NU’s football facilities within the Big Ten.

“Football facilities? Out of 14? Probably eighth, ninth,” Moos said.

Mid-to-lower-mid in the richest conference in the country doesn't make us "middle of the pack nationally"

• Plus1 1

Who are the teams that would be ahead of us in the B1G?

Michigan and OSU for sure, naturally. Penn State and Michigan State seem to have similar looking weight rooms, locker rooms, film rooms and players lounges, but their stadiums are way worse than ours. Who else?

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Who are the teams that would be ahead of us in the B1G?

Michigan and OSU for sure, naturally. Penn State and Michigan State seem to have similar looking weight rooms, locker rooms, film rooms and players lounges, but their stadiums are way worse than ours. Who else?

NW and Minn have brand new football facilities.  NW's is beautiful.  Iowa has a upgraded practice facilities.  I think we have the a top 4 stadium in the conference, but the other areas are pretty even to the rest of the conference.  

• Plus1 2

2 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

NW and Minn have brand new football facilities.  NW's is beautiful.  Iowa has a upgraded practice facilities.  I think we have the a top 4 stadium in the conference, but the other areas are pretty even to the rest of the conference.  

Also, Illinois is building new facilities that will be open before this season starts.  Purdue upgraded theirs in 2017.  Maryland opened a new indoor practice facility in 2017.  A lot of the programs in the b1g have made pretty serious upgrades in the last couple years.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

NW's indoor practice field is magnificent I'll give them that. Their stadium is garbage, though. What's the rest of their facilities like? Pretty sure they share a weight room with other programs (or maybe they used to), and all the new stuff is a long ways from Ryan Field. Minnesota's stadium is great but small but downtown.

I know a lot of schools have upgraded but I haven't seen what makes upgrade automatically equal better. Our locker room is as nice as mostly anybody's. Our weight room is the same (as far as I remember last time I checked it was the biggest square footage weight room in the country). Our indoor field is just like everyone else's. Our stadium is 3rd in conference. What am I missing?

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Landlord said:

NW's indoor practice field is magnificent I'll give them that. Their stadium is garbage, though. What's the rest of their facilities like? Pretty sure they share a weight room with other programs (or maybe they used to), and all the new stuff is a long ways from Ryan Field. Minnesota's stadium is great but small but downtown.

I know a lot of schools have upgraded but I haven't seen what makes upgrade automatically equal better. Our locker room is as nice as mostly anybody's. Our weight room is the same (as far as I remember last time I checked it was the biggest square footage weight room in the country). Our indoor field is just like everyone else's. Our stadium is 3rd in conference. What am I missing?

I havnt been to most places. But I get what your saying. So some of those schools may have built 1 facility recently. But 1 facility doesnt make them better overall if the other 10 facilities we are superior. So they may have 1 great facility but 1 out of 11 is not as good as 10 out of 11.

16 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This still isn’t accurate from everything I’ve read.

9 hours ago, Mavric said:

Yep.  I'd be surprised if we aren't noticeably ahead of most Pac-12 and Big XII teams.

You would both be correct. I'm not sure if we are still top 25 but we are still easily in and amongst the upper class in this regard. And will probably remain so until some time this next decade.

Gerry Dinardo said Iowa, tOSU, MSU, PSU, Mich have the best football facilities in the B1G.  This was before Illinois, NW and Minny done upgrades for football. 

He said we are even with Wisconsin when it comes to football facilities.