Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

17 hours ago, Moiraine said:

This still isn’t accurate from everything I’ve read.

You might want to keep reading then. Even if you want to disagree outside the B10, it shouldn't be acceptable to not be top half of your own conference. Most B10 media guys have mentioned the same thing. We do have one of the best stadiums/atmospheres though. 

22 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You might want to keep reading then. Even if you want to disagree outside the B10, it shouldn't be acceptable to not be top half of your own conference. Most B10 media guys have mentioned the same thing. We do have one of the best stadiums/atmospheres though. 

What you said was inaccurate. I never said anything about what I find acceptable.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Gerry Dinardo said Iowa, tOSU, MSU, PSU, Mich have the best football facilities in the B1G.  This was before Illinois, NW and Minny done upgrades for football. 

He said we are even with Wisconsin when it comes to football facilities. 

On a quick look, I can't find anything that makes Iowa's facilities better than ours.  They may get a slight edge in "hang out space" but their second indoor facility is apparently away from the rest of the football facilities and, unless the underneath is significantly better - it looks to me like Memorial is significantly better than Kinnick.

I wouldn't be surprised if OSU, PSU and Michigan have better facilities but I wonder how much of that is that they simply have the biggest capacity stadiums in the country.

Michigan State's facilities aren't any newer than ours.  And I would have the same take about their stadium as Kinnick.  I don't see anything overall that makes them significantly better.

Illinois and Northwestern have some upgrades but that doesn't mean they passed us.  Similar comments as to Iowa but probably a nicer stadium.  I don't see a significant difference, and I'm not sure they have two indoor practice facilities.  Northwestern's new practice facility is next-level but their stadium doesn't hold a candle to Memorial.

Minnesota's new stadium is really nice.  And they've done some upgrades.  But I don't see anything that's better than what we have.  And only one indoor practice facility.

• Plus1 2

13 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

I wasn't aware that you traveled to all the facilities more than the media and Bill Moos. My apologies

Remind me again what Bill Moos said. I seem to recall he said we’re around 8th in the Big Ten.

a) That brings us once again (is this the 2nd or 3rd time we’ve had to do this?) to the fact you said nationally, not Big Ten.

b) Moos is trying to convince people who matter that we need to upgrade our facilities. He’s not an unbiased expert. He has an agenda. But again, us being 8th in the Big Ten has nothing to do with your statement about being middle of the pack nationally being accurate or not. I don’t know why people have to keep explaining this to you.

• Plus1 1

Unless NW built a new weightroom in their new indoor facility they are still behind some HS weight rooms I've been in.  Their stadium is trash as well.  Purdue still sucks, IU has ok facilities I haven't been in MSUs facilities their stadium is nothing special.  I can't imagine Rutgers or Maryland having better facilities.  Anyway... it doesn't matter how much you shine a turd, it's still a turd

23 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Remind me again what Bill Moos said. I seem to recall he said we’re around 8th in the Big Ten.

a) That brings us once again (is this the 2nd or 3rd time we’ve had to do this?) to the fact you said nationally, not Big Ten.

b) Moos is trying to convince people who matter that we need to upgrade our facilities. He’s not an unbiased expert. He has an agenda. But again, us being 8th in the Big Ten has nothing to do with your statement about being middle of the pack nationally being accurate or not. I don’t know why people have to keep explaining this to you.

You are the only one that is 'trying to explain it to me'.

19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I meant for P5 conferences, I'm not including Ball State or anything. For P5 we are slightly ahead of middle of the pack

You are still saying we aren't middle of the pack for P5 conferences, which I disagree with. That doesn't mean I think we have crappy facilities, it just has to do with the timing of all the other schools building new ones a decade or two after ours 'were top tier'. It's time for our own upgrades. 

7 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Unless NW built a new weightroom in their new indoor facility they are still behind some HS weight rooms I've been in.  Their stadium is trash as well.  Purdue still sucks, IU has ok facilities I haven't been in MSUs facilities their stadium is nothing special.  I can't imagine Rutgers or Maryland having better facilities.  Anyway... it doesn't matter how much you shine a turd, it's still a turd

NW literally had the worst weight room I've ever seen, but their new one is going to be one of the best. The water helps...

football-sports-performance_900.jpg

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You are the only one that is 'trying to explain it to me'.

19 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I meant for P5 conferences, I'm not including Ball State or anything. For P5 we are slightly ahead of middle of the pack

You are still saying we aren't middle of the pack for P5 conferences, which I disagree with. That doesn't mean I think we have crappy facilities, it just has to do with the timing of all the other schools building new ones a decade or two after ours 'were top tier'. It's time for our own upgrades. 

Mavric tried to explain it as well.

And when you clarified you meant P5 and I disagreed, you went back to Bill Moos again for some reason. If you have a quote from him comparing our facilities nationally or P5 to back up your argument, feel free to share it. Until then I assume you looped back to the Big Ten argument again based on his #8 comment, which leads me to believe you needed the explanation again. I even asked you to remind me what he said and you didn’t respond.

And it bears repeating, Moos is not unbiased. He wants us to upgrade our facilities. He’s going to make it sound as urgent as possible without totally lying.