Big announcement coming?

SUHperman

Good lord...some of you could see a guy walking on water and you would start to bitch about how he didn't know how to swim.  

Who gives a f#&% where it ranks...the question is "can it be better" and the answer is "yes" that all that matters when you are talking about this kind of stuff.

• Plus1 7

I get what BM is trying to do but I think the average kid Frost is going to bring in isn't going to care if we are 4th or 7th in facilities in the conference once this team starts winning like we all think is about to happen.  Kids are going to come here because of what the team is doing.  I think the media will almost always place us behind some of the other schools simply due to where we are.  

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Good lord...some of you could see a guy walking on water and you would start to bitch about how he didn't know how to swim.  

Who gives a f#&% where it ranks...the question is "can it be better" and the answer is "yes" that all that matters when you are talking about this kind of stuff.

Everything can always be better at any time.

22 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get tired of Nebraska fans acting like Eeyore over everything making things sound way worse than they actually are. E.g. there was a conversation a few months ago about how we were the dumpster fire of college football since 2000, even though we were 30th (or whatever it was) in winning percentage.

Long story short, I disagree with you. Especially in the off season. I want us to upgrade our facilities but I’ll argue with any Eeyores out there portraying things as worse than they are.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

He was quoting me. I was saying it wasn’t accurate we’re middle of the pack. 

Maybe I didn't quote quite the right part of his post. 

I'd like to see what other evidence he has that leads him to believe that we are in the middle of the pack nationally.  So far he has one quote from Moos that - as you have correctly pointed out - is what one person said about where we are in the conference.  Nothing about where we are nationally.

Anecdotally, I think Nebraska is in the upper third echelon of P5 schools. There are a lot of bad P5 schools out there. Unfortunately for Nebraska, if they're not doing a fairly significant overhaul every 5-10 years, they're going to quickly fall behind. Seems like at least one P5 school is doing a major upgrade every year now.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'd like to see what other evidence he has that leads him to believe that we are in the middle of the pack nationally.  So far he has one quote from Moos that - as you have correctly pointed out - is what one person said about where we are in the conference.  Nothing about where we are nationally.

I also was referencing Dinardo who went around and walked the facilities over a year ago...he had us in the 6-7 range in the B10. He noted what Moos and Frost have said over the past year is not only upgrades, but having the facilities closer together. 

DiNardo said Iowa, Ohio State, Michigan State, Penn State and Michigan have the best overall setups in the league because all have stand-alone football complexes that function as a one-stop spot for players to practice, get dressed and meet. DiNardo said Nebraska’s facilities are “great” and similar to Wisconsin’s. NU’s only problem, DiNardo said, is that much of the football-centric stuff is housed inside the “pre-existing building” of Memorial Stadium. 

Even a place like Purdue who has a crap stadium, but their new football complex is absolutely ridiculous. A central located place is key 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

I think teach's point is that this is exhausting and you need to be self-assured enough to just stop. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

:facepalm:

@Mavric asked you why you think we’re middle if the pack nationally.

You must have missed the part where I said I have been to some of these facilities/stadiums for the B10 and B12...Dinardo is also part of the reason why I think this. Why would I not trust someone who travels to view the team facilities and is part of the B10 and has been a head coach at this level? What are you sources? Twitter Husker mob stating we have the best facilities in the nation? :thumbs

7 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

You must have missed the part where I said I have been to some of these facilities/stadiums for the B10 and B12...Dinardo is also part of the reason why I think this. Why would I not trust someone who travels to view the team facilities and is part of the B10 and has been a head coach at this level? What are you sources? Twitter Husker mob stating we have the best facilities in the nation? :thumbs

Literally everything you mentioned in your previous post was about the Big Ten, in direct response to Mavric asking why you think we’re middle of the pack nationally. I’m not sure why you keep equating the Big Ten to nationally when the fallacies of that have been pointed out to you. I’ve never claimed our facilities are top tier right now.

• Plus1 1