Going To Eat This

14 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Point of procedure question; if I’m thinking about NOT eating something, can that be posted here as well or does it need to have its own topic?

What if you were going to eat something but couldn't?  I was going to make PBJ toast last night for a snack but discovered I did not buy peanut butter or jelly although I could swore I had.  Had I posted this, would I then have to retract it?

• Haha 1
24 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

What if you were going to eat something but couldn't?  I was going to make PBJ toast last night for a snack but discovered I did not buy peanut butter or jelly although I could swore I had.  Had I posted this, would I then have to retract it?

Exactly. So many questions.

It also seems like we should have to post video of these meals being prepared. At the very least some hi res pics with a cooking show narration of what it is.

BTW, sorry for your PBJ loss

Took another go at Penne Rustica tonight. Made a bechamel instead of using cream, and for S's & G's I made a REAL bechamel with onion & clove and all the steps.

I didn't like my first attempt with the chicken, because it turned out kinda rubbery. I just doubled the shrimp and axed the chicken, but the recipe calls for grilled chicken and now I understand why. You need those deep, charred notes for this. And I used pancetta instead of American bacon, and frankly, you need the smoky/salty goodness of American fatty bacon.

So this was try #2, and it wasn't that successful. OK, but kinda bland.

I"ll try again in another month-ish.  Learning.