Turner Gill

knapplc

Liberty head football coach Turner Gill announces retirement

Effective immediately, Liberty University Head Football Coach Turner Gill announced that he is retiring from coaching football.

Liberty says a national search for a new head coach will begin immediately. Gill's successor will be the ninth head coach in the school's history.

Gill recently completed his seventh season as Liberty's head coach, and will end his tenure at the school with a 47-35 record and a career 72-84 record.

Liberty posted a winning record in each of Gill's seven seasons at the helm of the program, extending the Flames' streak to 13 seasons in a row with a winning mark.

Gill's tenure afforded him to see Liberty transition from an FCS football program to the FBS level. That move was jumpstarted with a 48-45 win over Baylor on Sept. 2, 2017.

Look who's in the picture they used for this article. I wonder if Coach Brown has any interest in the job?

KHB05OG.jpg

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

Best of luck to Turner and his family with everything.  

Would be interesting to see if Liberty goes after Ron Brown.  Hugh Freeze wouldn't stun me either.  Depends how quickly he wants to get a head coaching job again I suppose.

A guy like hugh freeze at liberty university? That's highly unlikely.

21 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

His first public appearance post resigning at Ole Miss was at Liberty.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22202910/former-ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-shows-remorse-speaking-liberty-university

I don't think he ends up at Liberty as I think he'll be able to snag a high level OC job, just that it wouldn't stun me.

Just now, Xmas32 said:

His first public appearance post resigning at Ole Miss was at Liberty.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22202910/former-ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-shows-remorse-speaking-liberty-university

I don't think he ends up at Liberty as I think he'll be able to snag a high level OC job, just that it wouldn't stun me.

I cant imagine a religious school like liberty hiring a guy who had hookers on speed dial.

47 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

If anything I'd say it's the opposite. Liberty is crooked and immoral as they come. 

I hope Turner continues to do well in life and I'm glad he retired so I can stop feeling so conflicted about him coaching at that school.

• Plus1 2
12 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If anything I'd say it's the opposite. Liberty is crooked and immoral as they come. 

I hope Turner continues to do well in life and I'm glad he retired so I can stop feeling so conflicted about him coaching at that school.

Are you speaking of their homophobic stance? 

• Mavric changed the title to Turner Gill