Huskers Land Graduate Transfer DT Darrion Daniels

Hopefully Fair makes it. The defensive line all of the sudden would have some pretty good depth and guys would actually get to play the position they are best suited for. This would also allow for new recruits both committed and hopefully to be committing soon to be brought along a bit slower and allow for more realistic expectations no matter their number of stars.

Allowing both the Davis twins to bump out to end generates some pretty good competition out there too with Deontre Thomas healthy. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

This sounds like a great move in terms of a vet leader. Losing Mick is hard because of his ability on the field but he seemed like a passionate leader. 

Seems like Daniels will be a rotation guy. not nearly as big as his brother but hopefully he can be a leader.

Darrion will probably push to be day 1 starter. He was getting NFL looks going into this year before he got hurt. He's 6'3 320 and very athletic. I think the rotation behind him will be Damion and Tony. 

• Plus1 1

58 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

curious if we don't encourage Vaha to look elsewhere now

I haven’t gotten the impression we’ve done that. Just some players don’t like the truth they’re being told. If Vaha is happy to be 2nd or 3rd string I doubt the coaches will try to get rid of him. They’ll just tell him where he stands.

Also, he was out of football a long time. There’s still potential for improvement next season.