Urban Meyer to Retire...how does this affect Huskers in 2019 and beyond

2 hours ago, jaws said:

If they keep the core staff of guys like Mickey Marotti and Mark Pantoni, then I can see OSU rolling along. It will be hard to continue the kind of success they have been having over the last 7 years. The best case is the transition Oklahoma just took from Stoops, and we can all imagine what the worse case is. 

I feel it's unlikely that you don't at least to small step back.  Urban is a once in a generation type coach that happens to be overshadowed by Saban.  He's the Phil Mickelson of coaches.  You don't just replace him.  Stoops is a great coach..... But he's not in the same category as Meyer Imo.

1 hour ago, billdozer15 said:

He'll be head coach at Alabama in less than 5 years.....

Urb's been pretty consistent.  He goes to a conference that for the most part has been underachieving with not so marque coaches.  If he's coaching in the next five years, this is how I see it playing out.  Saban retires at Bama, Bama hires Dabo.  Urb goes to Clemson.  The USC job almost fits the bill, but I'm not sure Urb wants to butt heads with Chip year in and year out.

I expect him to be an “offensive analyst” at Texas next year (aka someone to tell Tim Beck he’s not calling the right plays).

He’ll be tied to the USC job all year, but Brian Kelly takes the job. Then Urbs subverts the obvious and goes to Florida State. He sees it as a kush job when Dabo goes to Bama.

Notre Dame hires Bob Stoops.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Don't laugh. Scott Frost is one of the hottest coaches in college football, and Bo Pelini's team won just as many games as Frost this season. 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

You make a compelling argument. 

So by virtue of this argument, Mike Riley is next in line to coach at THE Ohio State University, right?

:snacks: