Big Ten Championship draws second-biggest crowd ever...impact for Huskers

knapplc

On 12/4/2018 at 12:26 PM, knapplc said:

Hard to believe Nebraska's only trip to the Big Ten Championship was the worst-attended game since we joined the Big Ten, but I bet that'll change next year when we get back there for the first time under Frost.

Part of that is an anonymous donor offered free tickets and bus rides for current Northwestern students.  About half the student body at Northwestern took the offer.  About fifty busloads went down from Evanston to Lucas.    Little did the fortunate people who attended would know that it would be Urban's last Big Ten game.   By the way, though he missed the playoffs, Urban got his wish to coach his first-ever Rose Bowl, and a better chance to go out a winner than losing in obscurity to Alabama.  Yes, with Martinez I can see Nebraska in Indianapolis in the next year or two.

• Thanks 1

On 12/4/2018 at 4:20 PM, Lyons in the Sea of Red. said:

I was there. Had seats in the upper deck in one of the end zones. Upon getting off the escalator up top, we were promptly ushered right back down because we had been the recipients of a "complimentary seat upgrade". 

I'd say the crowd was fairly equal on both sides. The entire trip was a blast minus the score. 

Lucky. My dad and I attended the game, about as high up as you could get. We were not as lucky.