Nebrasketball Game #9: @ Minnesota- Wednesday, December 5 8:00 PM (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Minnesota single digit win
    • Minnesota double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2018 at 02:26 AM

Other than the obvious, the really bad thing is statistically we did pretty well but still managed to blow a double-digit lead and not only lose but lose going away.

46% from the floor is pretty good.  33% on 3s isn't terrible. 79% from the line is good.  13 offensive rebounds is good.  Only 10 turnovers.

Still managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Other than the obvious, the really bad thing is statistically we did pretty well but still managed to blow a double-digit lead and not only lose but lose going away.

46% from the floor is pretty good.  33% on 3s isn't terrible. 79% from the line is good.  13 offensive rebounds is good.  Only 10 turnovers.

Because we don't play defense and Tim Miles sucks.  

3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Doesn’t matter.  Miles has to go.  I’m sure we agree on that.

Too much talent to have the same problems that have plagued all the teams in your previous 6 years.

I'll drink to that. 

• Plus1 1

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, those stats mislead because we didn't really stop Minnesota from doing anything and went cold in the last 6-8 minutes.

I don't understand why when they get up by 3-4 possessions Watson walks the ball up court every time.  By all means, lets cross half court at 21 on the shot clock start our "offense" at 18-19 and then settle for an out of control drive or long 3 at the end of the shot clock.  I understand wanting to shorten the game, but get up the damn court & start your offense.  Make the other team play defense for 25 seconds instead of 15 and maybe you get a good shot.

I thought Watson looked tentative after he threw up the air ball.  There were several open looks that he passed on in the second half.

Palmer never really tried to get a 4th foul on Coffey early in the second half.  He made plenty of out of control drives, but none that even remotely could have gotten a foul called on Coffey.

Copeland looked good except for the horrible technical foul.  I think he's the MVP on this team.  When he sits, the team looks lost. 

Heiman looked good and should be playing in front of Borchardt.  I like Tanner, he plays hard, but is too slow to play against high level competition.  I'm sure Heiman will get pushed around, but at least there is some quickness there.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ECisGod said:

Palmer never really tried to get a 4th foul on Coffey early in the second half.  He made plenty of out of control drives, but none that even remotely could have gotten a foul called on Coffey.

It was perhaps too late when it happened, but the last charge on Palmer was a ridiculous call.  Coffey was in a terrible position, about to be beat on a drive, and got bailed out by flopping.  

It seemed like the team lost the game when Copeland got T'ed up, they played like garbage after that happened.

• Plus1 1

Hopefully this is just one bad performance and the team moves on and learns from it. Lots of season left and plenty of chances to get quality wins. Winning on the road in the Big 10 isn't easy, but we should've capitalized on the 13 point lead.  

When Coffey had 3 fouls we should've went after him and tried to get fouls 4 & 5 and take him out of the game. It was pretty easy to see when he was off the court we extended our lead and then when he was playing the lead goes away. Heck double team him at the top of the key, try and draw a charge, or switch to zone. At least do SOMETHING DIFFERENT  and don't just let him take over the game.  I'm a huge Tim Miles honk but I totally get why people question him as a coach with last night's performance.

BEAT CREIGHTON AND IT ALL GOES AWAY!!