Nebrasketball Game #9: @ Minnesota- Wednesday, December 5 8:00 PM (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Minnesota single digit win
    • Minnesota double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2018 at 02:26 AM

21 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

It was perhaps too late when it happened, but the last charge on Palmer was a ridiculous call.  Coffey was in a terrible position, about to be beat on a drive, and got bailed out by flopping.  

It seemed like the team lost the game when Copeland got T'ed up, they played like garbage after that happened.

You can't have your elbows out trying to fly like a bird, you will get called every time because it is a foul.  

1 hour ago, FrankWheeler said:

It was perhaps too late when it happened, but the last charge on Palmer was a ridiculous call.  Coffey was in a terrible position, about to be beat on a drive, and got bailed out by flopping.  

Palmer drives his shoulder into his chest then pushes off with his arm.

I think your entire post is made-up.

• Plus1 1

I went to the game last night.  Met some nice people from south of Grand Island up here for a convention.  Even though they were staying on the west side :facepalm: I gave them some recommendations on where to eat or hang out.

Brady Heiman could be a legit double double guy.  And it would be easy for him.  The issue is his teammates keep passing the ball low to him.  Need to get the passes up closer to the rim for him to be more effective.

I don't know whats going on with Palmer but not only did his defense suck last night, he wasn't overly effective on offense either.  Very few attempts to slash and create like we know he can.

I like what Akenten and Harris bring off the bench.  A little more consistency and they will be very good next year.

• Plus1 2

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Brady Heiman could be a legit double double guy.  And it would be easy for him.  The issue is his teammates keep passing the ball low to him.  Need to get the passes up closer to the rim for him to be more effective.

Have to admit I was fairly impressed with Heiman.  9 points, 5 rebounds and a block in 15 minutes, which is about what I thought he might have for the year.

Just now, Mavric said:

Have to admit I was fairly impressed with Heiman.  9 points, 5 rebounds and a block in 15 minutes, which is about what I thought he might have for the year.

He could have had 15 or more points.  I counted at least 3 passes where they tried to feed him on the inside with bounce passes or passes that went low and a guy 6'-10" shouldn't have to do that to get the ball.  Put it up higher and let him get it.  

Further, Heiman should be the first big man off the bench before Borchart when we are playing more physical teams.  Borchart is just too slow.

4 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Further, Heiman should be the first big man off the bench before Borchart when we are playing more physical teams.  Borchart is just too slow.

I was thinking that too.  Towards the end of the game there was a shot of Borchart standing behind the huddle during a timeout and I thought maybe he'll be there most of the time going forward.

34 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Palmer drives his shoulder into his chest then pushes off with his arm.

I think your entire post is made-up.

I respectfully disagree, but I also have blinders for Nebraska and hate this type of defense.  (I got called for way too many charges in high school by floppers! :D)  Even with slowing it down I don't see how that's an offensive foul, he put no strength behind his 'chicken wing push', as it's been described in the comments to the tweet.  The official that made the call didn't have this view anyways.  GBR!

Just now, FrankWheeler said:

I respectfully disagree, but I also have blinders for Nebraska and hate this type of defense.  (I got called for way too many charges in high school by floppers! :D.  Even with slowing it down I don't see how that's an offensive foul, he put no strength behind his 'chicken wing push', as it's been described in the comments to the tweet.  The official that made the call didn't have this view anyways.  GBR

It doesn't matter how much strength is put into the push off.  He pushed off.  It's an offensive foul

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, FrankWheeler said:

It seemed like the team lost the game when Copeland got T'ed up, they played like garbage after that happened.

Why did he get the T?  I did not see that.

2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

It doesn't matter how much strength is put into the push off.  He pushed off.  It's an offensive foul

Ok.

Not that it makes any difference in this situation but for conversations sake.  Hypothetical, if he leaves his arm at his side - still an offensive foul or a block?

3 minutes ago, FrankWheeler said:

I respectfully disagree, but I also have blinders for Nebraska and hate this type of defense.  (I got called for way too many charges in high school by floppers! :D)  Even with slowing it down I don't see how that's an offensive foul, he put no strength behind his 'chicken wing push', as it's been described in the comments to the tweet.  The official that made the call didn't have this view anyways.  GBR!

You can disagree all you want but it's right there in the video.

And of course the official didn't have that view.  That doesn't mean he didn't see it.  You can see him right there in the video.

Just now, FrankWheeler said:

Not that it makes any difference in this situation but for conversations sake.  Hypothetical, if he leaves his arm at his side - still an offensive foul or a block?

I think you can still make an argument for an offensive foul because he puts his shoulder into the defender's mid-section.  But I doubt it gets called if he keeps his arm down.