Nebrasketball Game #9: @ Minnesota- Wednesday, December 5 8:00 PM (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Minnesota single digit win
    • Minnesota double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2018 at 02:26 AM

Palmer has become too easy to defend. It's pretty easy to tell when he gets in "Drive at all costs" mode. All you have to do is get in position and draw the charge. Pretty easy to see it coming.  People need to remember this is just one game and road games in conference are hard to come by. Lots of season left people.

There is a lot of season left but you have to start doing the math...

10 conference home games:  Do they go 10-0?  Maybe, but probably 9-1?  So that is 9 wins...

10 conference road games:  Do they go 0-10?  Probably not but I could see...5-5?

So that is 14 wins...which will get them into the dance with wiggle room being 3 games (I think they get in with 11 conference wins)

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

10 conference home games:  Do they go 10-0?  Maybe, but probably 9-1?  So that is 9 wins...

10 conference road games:  Do they go 0-10?  Probably not but I could see...5-5?

So that is 14 wins...which will get them into the dance with wiggle room being 3 games (I think they get in with 11 conference wins)

They also have 4 more non-conference games. Let's say they go 3-1 with those. 7 wins currently + 12 that you mentioned above + 3 that I mentioned would be a record of 22-9. Then you have to see what we would do in the B1G tournament. I would hope that would get us in, but it would all depend on who all we would beat. 

Edit: My math is slightly off. I think that would be 23-8.

51 minutes ago, teachercd said:

From the Bracketology thread.  We missed the tournament with 22 wins last year - and apparently weren't really all that close - but hopefully the SOS will be better this year.  I'd think we'd need 21-22 to have a good shot to get in.

So, going off the above, he's my "Checklist for 20"

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 5 - On Pace

Miss Valley St - SE Louisiana - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Check

Seton Hall - Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1

30 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I like that list!

I totally agree with the must haves...I think that Rutgers could give some problems as they have a few decent bigs this year.  PSU is playing tough at home.

As I didn't put really any effort into that list, I should have had Seton Hall in the "Must-Have" category.  They were good last year but lost a ton and are currently in the Big East cellar.  

But it works out the same either way.

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

From the Bracketology thread.  We missed the tournament with 22 wins last year - and apparently weren't really all that close - but hopefully the SOS will be better this year.  I'd think we'd need 21-22 to have a good shot to get in.

So, going off the above, he's my "Checklist for 20"

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 5 - On Pace

Miss Valley St - SE Louisiana - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Check

Seton Hall - Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1

I like the list. I think it boils down to quality wins. Clemson should still be a quality win. Seton Hall win isnt quality at the moment. 

Creighton win would be huge. Okie Lite would be nice but not one to hang your hat on.

This does put into perspective the Minnesota loss stings but doesnt sink our battleship. The Big Ten will be a tough place this year, especially on the road. 

Would still like to see us get to 20 wins prior to the Conference tournament. 

It was an enjoyable game to watch  last night. As a Minnesota fan, I'm always steeled for the worst, so I was pleasantly surprised at the comeback win.

Both teams should find themselves dancing in March. As they said during the studio recap after the game, it wouldn't be surprising if the Big Ten puts 9 or 10 in the tournament. The conference is simply that strong.

And what a fantastic gesture by Miles and the rest of the team to show solidarity with Dupree McBrayer. Total class. I've never not enjoyed my interactions with Nebraska fans, whether it be on line or in person (at football games - I haven't been to a basketball game in Lincoln yet).

• Plus1 1