Nebrasketball Game #9: @ Minnesota- Wednesday, December 5 8:00 PM (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Minnesota single digit win
    • Minnesota double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/06/2018 at 02:26 AM

I still don’t get how a team with 3 legit scores can go on these 4-5 mins spans and score 2 points.  They came out with some great tenacity to start the 2nd half, got themselves a 14 point lead then almost as if they quit at the 14 min mark. Just when you think miles might have figured it out, he reminds us, maybe not. Oh well the Bkuejays are a must win now. 

4 hours ago, Mavric said:

From the Bracketology thread.  We missed the tournament with 22 wins last year - and apparently weren't really all that close - but hopefully the SOS will be better this year.  I'd think we'd need 21-22 to have a good shot to get in.

So, going off the above, he's my "Checklist for 20"

Non-Con Must-Have Wins - Need All 5 - On Pace

Miss Valley St - SE Louisiana - Missouri St - Western Illinois - CSU Fullerton

Non-Con Toss-Ups - Need 2 - Check

Seton Hall - Clemson - Creighton - Oklahoma State - Texas Tech

Conference Must-Have Wins - Need 6

Illinois - Penn State - Rutgers - Illinois - Northwestern - Penn State

"Other" Conference Home Games - Need 5

Michigan State - Ohio State - Wisconsin - Maryland - Minnesota - Purdue - Iowa

"Other" Conference Road Games - Need 1

Minnesota - Maryland - Iowa - Indiana - Purdue - Michigan - Michigan State

Conference Tournament - Need 1

Is Husker nation satisfied if they get in and lose in the first round?

13 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

Is Husker nation satisfied if they get in and lose in the first round?

I think a lot of people would be happy with making it back to the tournament.

For me personally, I think Miles has more ground than that to make up.  I do think we'll be pretty decent this year because we have four pretty good players.  How that translates to an NCAA Tournament appearance is yet to be seen.

But the bigger picture for me is next year we're going to be in complete rebuild mode.  In year eight.  One good season out of seven doesn't really strike me as a good ratio.

So I hope we take advantage of this year while we can.  But it's kind of like the 2016 football season to me.  It might seem like things are better on the surface but I think we have bigger issues underneath that might be masked by a good record but are definitely still there.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But it's kind of like the 2016 football season to me.  It might seem like things are better on the surface but I think we have bigger issues underneath that might be masked by a good record but are definitely still there.

This is exactly how I feel.

Miles no offense is like the 600 yd blowouts for me.  The thing that appears to be getting worse is how they defend.  They open their hips, give them the lane and chase to the basket 7-10 times a game.  It’s brutal.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Big red surfers said:

I still don’t get how a team with 3 legit scores can go on these 4-5 mins spans and score 2 points.  They came out with some great tenacity to start the 2nd half, got themselves a 14 point lead then almost as if they quit at the 14 min mark. Just when you think miles might have figured it out, he reminds us, maybe not. Oh well the Bkuejays are a must win now. 

It's called team with an I.

1 minute ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

If they drive and pass, we get the open shot.  Just like the beginning of the second half to build the lead.  Palmer was absolutely I-terrible in the last 6 minutes of the game: 3 TO with too much 1 on 3 basketball!

There doesn’t appear to be any strategy to get to the basket.  You have 4 guys behind the arc passing like the globetrotters and a big man setting screens up top.  I feel like I’ve been watching the same thing not work for years.

This Team has good players that I believe are unselfish and want to win.  They are not positioned or prepared to win.

11 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

There doesn’t appear to be any strategy to get to the basket.  You have 4 guys behind the arc passing like the globetrotters and a big man setting screens up top.  I feel like I’ve been watching the same thing not work for years.

This Team has good players that I believe are unselfish and want to win.  They are not positioned or prepared to win.

I always laugh when people complain about this, because it is the same offense he ran at Colorado St.  He reminds of Nee, he can get the players here but Xs & Os are something to be desired.

4 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I always laugh when people complain about this, because it is the same offense he ran at Colorado St.  He reminds of Nee, he can get the players here but Xs & Os are something to be desired.

You can laugh all you want.  I didnt hire him.  It’s beyond obvious to me that he’s not the guy.  I’m on record via huskerboard that even after some of these wins this year I’m still skeptical.

What I saw yesterday confirms he needs to go.

10 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

It funny that you say he "runs an offense"...

I wish we had just 1 play... just 1. 

You would think we only had two guys on the court on most trips down. The lack of movement without the ball is so frustrating.

26 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

I completely agree with this.  I’ve been saying since Craig Smith left that Miles doesn’t know how to run an offense.  It’s pretty obvious, I just think a lot of times his teams win in spite of him.  

• Plus1 1