B1G Looking to Change CCG Criteria?

Mavric

B1G CCG  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't get the need to change divisions.  Who knows what programs will look like 5 years from now.  Are you going to change divisions every 5 years, based on recent performance?

The only change that I think should be made is moving Michigan State back to the West. Swap them with Purdue. 

12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The only change that I think should be made is moving Michigan State back to the West. Swap them with Purdue. 

Purdue is 13-12 over the last two seasons trending up while Michigan State is 17-8 over the last two seasons trending down. And Purdue is about 150 miles west of Michigan State lol

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I'd assume if you're going to go with the two best teams, than you'll do away with the divisions altogether? They'd seem pointless at that point, unless you were going to be try and use the divisions to preserve old rivalries.... And if you keep the divisions you'll continue to have an unbalanced schedule, giving some teams an advantage over others....

As it would concern Nebraska? Well, it would surely make the path to the B1G Championship game more difficult (not to mention the Playoff).

7 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Purdue is 13-12 over the last two seasons trending up while Michigan State is 17-8 over the last two seasons trending down. And Purdue is about 150 miles west of Michigan State lol

And this why we should do away with the West/East division names! We need something that really embodies the B1G, and all her tradition. Something that screams SUCCESS.....

..... I've got it! Legends and Leaders! It's perfect!

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Michigan State is a more natural rival for us. Plus, Leaders and Legends.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If they get rid of the divisions (which  would be stupid) than what are they going to do with the rivalry games when planing everyone’s schedules? 

You have some teams that have rivals with 1 team, others with 2 teams and some teams with 3 rivals. 

So with no divisions how do you decided what rival games get to be played every year, which ones you kick to the curb or do you keep every rival game played every year which I would think would screw up a “balanced” schedule within the whole conference

To me this just reeks of tOSU whining and crying because they were a 1 loss team on the outside looking in. If they change it to appease them, I’ll start hating them like I hated texass for abusing their power and influence. 

Keep it as is, or get rid of one conference game. Sick of this changing things every 3 yrs crap 

It doesn't matter, it's all BS forum speak.  If they can make this a 16 team league with 4 pods they are going to do it.  If Oklahoma, Texas or Notre Dame(hahahahhaaha) can be convinced to join with say Kansas we will have 4 pods that make 2 divisions.  On the East will be the Michigan/MSU/Indiana/Purdue pod and the tOSU/PSU/Rutgers/MD pod.  In the West will be the Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/Oklahoma pod and the Wisconsin/Minnysoda/Illinois/NW pod.  Best 2 pod winners face off, done and done.

49 minutes ago, Redux said:

It doesn't matter, it's all BS forum speak.  If they can make this a 16 team league with 4 pods they are going to do it.  If Oklahoma, Texas or Notre Dame(hahahahhaaha) can be convinced to join with say Kansas we will have 4 pods that make 2 divisions.  On the East will be the Michigan/MSU/Indiana/Purdue pod and the tOSU/PSU/Rutgers/MD pod.  In the West will be the Nebraska/Iowa/Kansas/Oklahoma pod and the Wisconsin/Minnysoda/Illinois/NW pod.  Best 2 pod winners face off, done and done.

We'd likely get Northwestern or Illinois in ours and Iowa in their place. Iowa/Wisconsin/Minnesota would not be broken up imo.

The impetus for this would just seem to be the same old song and dance from the B1G of promoting tOSU and Michigan over everyone else. Northwestern getting in there must've really got under their skin.

I'm not too worried about realigning for competitive balance now. When we start pulling our own weight in the West, things will be much more balanced. That may not have been the case since they went east-west but Frost has us on track to fix their competitive balance problem.  But I guarantee you that if they do try realignment, tOSU and Michigan will be in different divisions and will still play each other every year in the regular season, just like the did with Leaders and Legends. They want that and the rematch in the ccg....every time.