Redux fixes the playoff

Redux

On 12/9/2018 at 4:00 PM, grandpasknee said:

Notre Dame should never be allowed in any national championship playoff.  Even if they join a conference and win every game in a season by 35+ points.  They should never be allowed in.  Never.  Ever.   But, ya know.  I'm not biased or anything.  Heh heh....Ara Parchesi can bite it!  ( I present this opinion on behalf of my wonderful, late grandfather, RIP)

I've never understood the whole "Notre Dame should be in a Conference" thing.

#1.   Did you see Nebraska's first year schedule in the Big 14?  This year's?  Where's the good deal for us in that? This conference is a meat grinder that eats its own, and we have not had a Rep in the playoffs in 2 yr.

#2.  Notre Dame are kind of like mercenaries for hire.  They fight where anyone will take them on.  They win where they fight.  USC had enough?  Cool, get West Virginia on the horn!

#3.  The Committee doesnt give a darn about conference champions at ALL.  If Bama lost the SEC game, the Committee would vote them into the playoff THAT NIGHT .

#4.  There is no good fit for them.  Just like there was no good fit for NU in the BIG 12 in the end.  We were the only vote out of 12 on several key issues.  Notre Dame would be in the same boat.  They are Notre Dame.  The most nationally known and prestigious team in College football.  What is good for the rest of the conference would be to drag Notre Dame down.  If I were them I wouldn't sign up for that either.

• Plus1 1