Thurston from Pender

Nebrasketball Game #10: Creighton - Saturday, December 8 - 5:00 p.m. (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After the collapse at Minnesota, I’m highly concerned. Creighton played #1 Gonzaga close. Two big and mobile centers. Their coach seems to have a hex on Miles. And they always seem to shoot the 3 well. 

I’m afraid we lose by 3. 

• Plus1 2

If Creighton is hitting their 3's, I  doubt that we will prevail.  If not,  AND if Palmer is allowed to drive without charging, we should be okay.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:

After the collapse at Minnesota, I’m highly concerned. Creighton played #1 Gonzaga close. Two big and mobile centers. Their coach seems to have a hex on Miles. And they always seem to shoot the 3 well. 

I’m afraid we lose by 3. 

The Illini played the Zags close and had a chance to tie the game with 1 minute left...on a neutral court.  The jays gave up 105 points and 65 in the second on their home court.  I wouldn't take much from the game vs the Zags...

KrumpleJ is horrible and the other center has knees made of pudding.  This game, I think, will come down to how the refs call it.  I think the skers are going to bump and grind (Like me on the dance floor) and if the refs let it go...NU wins.

• Plus1 3

18 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

This is typical, when Palmer is not getting the call offensively he quits playing defense.

Really?  I don't watch the games closely enough but is that sort of his thing?

19 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Last night's game killed any confidence I had for this one. Creighton by 10+.

Yep....the Minnesota game put a big ol' woof on this week in basketball.  I'm back to being uneasy about the year.

We need to go out and take care of business against Creighton and win by double digits.  Maybe.....the loss earlier this week set the stage for them to have the right mindset going into the Creighton game.

And....it's at home.  If Nebraska plays well, the crowd will be crazy.

We usually play better at home.  Not surprising that we haven't always played well on the road (though Clemson was good).  So that should help this game.

I won't be surprised if we find a way to win this one and get everyone fired up again.

19 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Really?  I don't watch the games closely enough but is that sort of his thing?

Same thing happened last year.  Watch him when he does not get a call.  He will give the official a look and be late on defense.

7 minutes ago, Mavric said:

We usually play better at home.  Not surprising that we haven't always played well on the road (though Clemson was good).  So that should help this game.

I won't be surprised if we find a way to win this one and get everyone fired up again.

Depends how the players feel about Creighton.  Don't need Miles trying to make a call late to screw up another game.

5 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Same thing happened last year.  Watch him when he does not get a call.  He will give the official a look and be late on defense.

Ahhhh, does it last the entire game or does he snap out of it?

Side note...I am starting to think that Michigan, MSU, OSU, MD, Iowa and Indiana are all going to finish in front of the Skers this year.

4 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Ahhhh, does it last the entire game or does he snap out of it?

Side note...I am starting to think that Michigan, MSU, OSU, MD, Iowa and Indiana are all going to finish in front of the Skers this year.

I just wish Miles would came out and said that this game was on him, as we were the better team.  As far as the other teams, it just depends on how we shoot the 3 and if Palmer can get to the line.

27 minutes ago, seaofred92 said:

Man that is a bigger number...

That means a money line bet on the jays would be like +275...That is nuts.  

The O/U is 151...

You don’t get raccoon eyes because you want them,” he said, showing off the bags his glasses were hiding.

During Creighton week, you don’t rest. You try to convince yourself it is just another game, Miles said.

“But when you’re in it, it means everything,” he said. “You don’t sleep.”

Would Dr. Tom say the above about the Oklahoma game?

Well my optimism for the team took a major hit after the Minnesota debacle. Hopefully they can regain that optimism I had for them.  

2 0r 3 times a game they go into these lulls where they don’t do anything for 5/6 mins. These have to stop.  

Okay. WOW! Awesome first half performance from the Huskers. Need to close the half well and come out strong in the first four minutes of the second half

2 points in the last 4 mins. 

21 point lead to 13. Last 4 mins was just like the Minnesota game. 3 point weave from 3 and unnecessary turnovers 

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, Big red surfers said:

2 points in the last 4 mins. 

Yeah, this could have been way more than 13.

Have to come back out with the same energy.  Don't pull a Minnesota here.

This game will be won on defense and intensity.  Nebraska shot the lights out, that is usually not sustainable.  If Nebraska locks in on the defensive end and keeps winning the 50/50 balls they should come out ahead.

• Upvote 1