Nebrasketball Game #10: Creighton - Saturday, December 8 - 5:00 p.m. (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Creighton single digit win
    • Creighton double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 11:38 PM

Pinnacle Bank Arena was packed on Saturday evening, with 15,028 anxious fans awaiting their team’s response to the loss to Minnesota on Wednesday. Students stood outside in the 20-degree cold with signs mocking Creighton for being implicated in the FBI’s investigation into college basketball. Hundreds of fans stood in standing room only spots on the concourse, and before the national anthem started, a fan cut through the quiet with a stern: “Creighton sucks!”....

Then Palmer hit his first three shots, all from 3. Students threw fake $100 bills into the air in place of the usual newspaper clippings. 

My peeps!

• Plus1 2

21 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

2 are coming back with high scoring transfer.   We will not be terrible. 

We'll see, but a drop off (I'd argue a significant one) is almost guaranteed. Losing 50 points a game on offense, three good defenders. Miles has a good track record with transfers, so maybe he'll hit again. Here's to hoping!

I may need to revisit a prior assumption. Previously I believed that,(even though the Creighton rivalry is generally the most important game on the schedule), I've had respect for the majority of their players and a LOT of respect for McDermott himself. My distaste was reserved for the Creighton fans and their manifest arrogance.  But the pettiness of McDermott's actions and barb's last night lead me to believe that the previous public persona might be a bit of a sham. It's certainly easy to play the genial buddy to TM when you're the one doing the kicking. When the dirt's in YOUR face, not so much.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
3 hours ago, Comish said:

I may need to revisit a prior assumption. Previously I believed that,(even though the Creighton rivalry is generally the most important game on the schedule), I've had respect for the majority of their players and a LOT of respect for McDermott himself. My distaste was reserved for the Creighton fans and their manifest arrogance.  But the pettiness of McDermott's actions and barb's last night lead me to believe that the previous public persona might be a bit of a sham. It's certainly easy to play the genial buddy to TM when you're the one doing the kicking. When the dirt's in YOUR face, not so much.

I've always felt that McDermott & Creighton got lucky with his son. Doug had signed a LOI with Northern Iowa while Greg was at ISU and getting it handed to him. Had he stayed 1 more season he would have been out of a job & Doug would have been lighting up The Valley at UNI. Creighton would have been the like all the other Valley teams and had it handed to them by Wichita State & would have never received an invite to the reconfigured Big East.