Nebrasketball Game #10: Creighton - Saturday, December 8 - 5:00 p.m. (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What will the game result be?

• Nebraska single digit win
    • Nebraska double digit win
    • Creighton single digit win
    • Creighton double digit win

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/08/2018 at 11:38 PM

McValley isn't really mad about just this loss...he lived off his son and two super lucky transfers in Watson and Foster.  Those are once in a lifetime things and he nailed it...good for him...luck is a huge part in coaching.

But what he realizes is the last 3 years the recruiting has been crappy...trying to be the Midwest Gonzaga U isn't as easy as offering scholarships to dudes from other countries.

They are on a downward trend and he knows it...everyone knows it.  It doesn't mean they are going to be some horrible 12 win team...but they will struggle a lot.

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Like most OWH writers, he kisses the rear ends of NU football & volleyball and Creighton in basically everything else.

I think most people would say that Severe is more of a realist than an asskisser.  

Just getting a chance to come around here after my 48 hour bender of celebration. 

I just want to say I never doubted this team would win for one second. Just please ignore any Messageboard Post/Tweet/snapchat/facebook update/Myspace post I have made.

Really happy they got the monkey off their back. This team will be VERY tough to beat at home. 

I hate Creighton. GBR 

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, teachercd said:

McValley isn't really mad about just this loss...he lived off his son and two super lucky transfers in Watson and Foster.  Those are once in a lifetime things and he nailed it...good for him...luck is a huge part in coaching.

But what he realizes is the last 3 years the recruiting has been crappy...trying to be the Midwest Gonzaga U isn't as easy as offering scholarships to dudes from other countries.

They are on a downward trend and he knows it...everyone knows it.  It doesn't mean they are going to be some horrible 12 win team...but they will struggle a lot.

I think most people would say that Severe is more of a realist than an asskisser.  

Hard to tell with Severe since all that's ever in the hard copy of the paper is short 1 question & answer quotes from his podcast - usually 3 at a time, but all from different interviews.

12 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Hmm.  Interesting.  The music was on point and definitely helped with crowd energy pretty much the whole game.  Can't say I always feel that way at the football games.

I think that's more due to the differences in demographics attending the two different sports' games, the atmosphere differences between an arena and a massive stadium, and also the ways that basketball ebbs and flows compared to football which has much more sudden and abrupt starts and stops. What's the football atmosphere equivalent of a turnover/dunk or 3 pointer/timeout momentum changing sequence followed by DMX? I don't know that there is one.