Thurston from Pender

Nebrasketball Game #10: Creighton - Saturday, December 8 - 5:00 p.m. (BTN)

What will the game result be?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Gonna call that on Palmer in the 1st half, gotta call it in the 2nd.

Palmer's was much more obvious than that one IMO.

The game has been officiated fine, relax.

Skers played great.  You can never bring this intensity every single night, but the potential is obviously there.  Lots of talent and experience.  Strike while the iron is hot and do some damage this year please.

1 hour ago, Big red surfers said:

2 points in the last 4 mins. 

21 point lead to 13. Last 4 mins was just like the Minnesota game. 3 point weave from 3 and unnecessary turnovers 

How about that run by the Skers to close it out !!!!

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

When the voice is gone and the Huskers win it's a good night. Season tickets are worth it no matter what for the year now.

• Upvote 2

Tim finally gets a win against McDermot. Only took him what 14 or 15 tries. 

Anyway, about time we beat these guys. Basketball can be weird you can be up 17 and up 10 in a span of one minute. That is what makes this game so exciting in my mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spurs1990 said:

When the voice is gone and the Huskers win it's a good night. Season tickets are worth it no matter what for the year now.

At this point my voice is getting used to the yelling so my voice is still intact. Season tickets are always worth it.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, seaofred92 said:

That was a fun game.  The vault was rockin.  They need to get whoever plays the music there to dj at the football games.   

Pinnacle Bank Arena was packed on Saturday evening, with 15,028 anxious fans awaiting their team’s response to the loss to Minnesota on Wednesday. Students stood outside in the 20-degree cold with signs mocking Creighton for being implicated in the FBI’s investigation into college basketball. Hundreds of fans stood in standing room only spots on the concourse, and before the national anthem started, a fan cut through the quiet with a stern: “Creighton sucks!”....

Then Palmer hit his first three shots, all from 3. Students threw fake $100 bills into the air in place of the usual newspaper clippings. 

My peeps!

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Man, do we depend on our starters! I'm going to enjoy this season, because the 2019-20 season could be ugly!

2 are coming back with high scoring transfer.   We will not be terrible. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

2 are coming back with high scoring transfer.   We will not be terrible. 

We'll see, but a drop off (I'd argue a significant one) is almost guaranteed. Losing 50 points a game on offense, three good defenders. Miles has a good track record with transfers, so maybe he'll hit again. Here's to hoping!

I may need to revisit a prior assumption. Previously I believed that,(even though the Creighton rivalry is generally the most important game on the schedule), I've had respect for the majority of their players and a LOT of respect for McDermott himself. My distaste was reserved for the Creighton fans and their manifest arrogance.  But the pettiness of McDermott's actions and barb's last night lead me to believe that the previous public persona might be a bit of a sham. It's certainly easy to play the genial buddy to TM when you're the one doing the kicking. When the dirt's in YOUR face, not so much.

• Plus1 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Comish said:

I may need to revisit a prior assumption. Previously I believed that,(even though the Creighton rivalry is generally the most important game on the schedule), I've had respect for the majority of their players and a LOT of respect for McDermott himself. My distaste was reserved for the Creighton fans and their manifest arrogance.  But the pettiness of McDermott's actions and barb's last night lead me to believe that the previous public persona might be a bit of a sham. It's certainly easy to play the genial buddy to TM when you're the one doing the kicking. When the dirt's in YOUR face, not so much.

I've always felt that McDermott & Creighton got lucky with his son. Doug had signed a LOI with Northern Iowa while Greg was at ISU and getting it handed to him. Had he stayed 1 more season he would have been out of a job & Doug would have been lighting up The Valley at UNI. Creighton would have been the like all the other Valley teams and had it handed to them by Wichita State & would have never received an invite to the reconfigured Big East.

On 12/8/2018 at 9:26 PM, RedSavage said:

That was a fun game.  The vault was rockin.  They need to get whoever plays the music there to dj at the football games.   

Chris Pankonin does in fact do both basketball and football games.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This guy is doing what it takes to turn this into a nasty rivalry. 

And I appreciate his efforts!:lol:

Also, it's weird having Severe on the positive side of the Football program.

14 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

And I appreciate his efforts!:lol:

Also, it's weird having Severe on the positive side of the Football program.

Like most OWH writers, he kisses the rear ends of NU football & volleyball and Creighton in basically everything else.

McValley isn't really mad about just this loss...he lived off his son and two super lucky transfers in Watson and Foster.  Those are once in a lifetime things and he nailed it...good for him...luck is a huge part in coaching.

But what he realizes is the last 3 years the recruiting has been crappy...trying to be the Midwest Gonzaga U isn't as easy as offering scholarships to dudes from other countries.

They are on a downward trend and he knows it...everyone knows it.  It doesn't mean they are going to be some horrible 12 win team...but they will struggle a lot.

2 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

Like most OWH writers, he kisses the rear ends of NU football & volleyball and Creighton in basically everything else.

I think most people would say that Severe is more of a realist than an asskisser.  

• Eyeroll 1

8 hours ago, Landlord said:

Chris Pankonin does in fact do both basketball and football games.

Hmm.  Interesting.  The music was on point and definitely helped with crowd energy pretty much the whole game.  Can't say I always feel that way at the football games.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:04 PM, NebraskaHarry said:

Creighton is gonna break Tim Miles and every Huskers fans hearts again. Just watch Creighton light up the second half while Nebraska comes out cold. 

Fail!

• Haha 2

Just getting a chance to come around here after my 48 hour bender of celebration. 

I just want to say I never doubted this team would win for one second. Just please ignore any Messageboard Post/Tweet/snapchat/facebook update/Myspace post I have made.

Really happy they got the monkey off their back. This team will be VERY tough to beat at home. 

I hate Creighton. GBR 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

McValley isn't really mad about just this loss...he lived off his son and two super lucky transfers in Watson and Foster.  Those are once in a lifetime things and he nailed it...good for him...luck is a huge part in coaching.

But what he realizes is the last 3 years the recruiting has been crappy...trying to be the Midwest Gonzaga U isn't as easy as offering scholarships to dudes from other countries.

They are on a downward trend and he knows it...everyone knows it.  It doesn't mean they are going to be some horrible 12 win team...but they will struggle a lot.

I think most people would say that Severe is more of a realist than an asskisser.  

Hard to tell with Severe since all that's ever in the hard copy of the paper is short 1 question & answer quotes from his podcast - usually 3 at a time, but all from different interviews.

12 hours ago, RedSavage said:

Hmm.  Interesting.  The music was on point and definitely helped with crowd energy pretty much the whole game.  Can't say I always feel that way at the football games.

I think that's more due to the differences in demographics attending the two different sports' games, the atmosphere differences between an arena and a massive stadium, and also the ways that basketball ebbs and flows compared to football which has much more sudden and abrupt starts and stops. What's the football atmosphere equivalent of a turnover/dunk or 3 pointer/timeout momentum changing sequence followed by DMX? I don't know that there is one.