FrostedTips

2019 Spring Game - April 13 @ 1:00 CDT on BTN

Average temp on that date is 64 degrees. Average for the past 25 years is 68. Highest high temp in that time was 87 degrees, lowest high temp was 43 degrees. 16 times in the last 25 years the temp has been between 60 & 80 degrees.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Average temp on that date is 64 degrees. Average for the past 25 years is 68. Highest high temp in that time was 87 degrees, lowest high temp was 43 degrees. 16 times in the last 25 years the temp has been between 60 & 80 degrees.

Yup, it's the off-season. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Now do that for precip - that's all that matters.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Global warming confirmed

• Plus1 1

24 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Does the average temp of 64 degrees include the "ice age" ???

It includes recorded history for Memorial Stadium's zip code, to hich is about 130-ish years.

But if you look at the last 30 years, and the last ten years, there's a definite uptick.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, Gage County said:

Will the doom (and football shaped pool) be completed by the spring game?

250px-Doctor_Doom_Thor_Vol_1_600.png

Pretty sure Victor Von Doom will be complete when he Godd**n feels like it. 

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Lol I just read an article on how the past 2 years have been the coolest in a long time. 

The veil is so thin on this political post, the spirit of Bob Devaney just poked his head out of my monitor and asked when the Elks club was opening so he could go get blitzed. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Lol I just read an article on how the past 2 years have been the coolest in a long time. 

Read better news sources

Based on NOAA data, the 2017 average global temperature across land and ocean surface areas was 0.84°C (1.51°F) above the twentieth-century average of 13.9°C (57.0°F), making it the third-warmest year on record behind 2016 (warmest) and 2015 (second warmest). It was the warmest non-El-Niño year in the record. 

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature

Spoiler

F-it.  I got political because I am not going to let blatant lies be posted.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember last year...people bitching about them on the secondary market for 100 dollars...only to be told time and time again to just wait and you will get them for face value.

RELAX PEOPLE

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Billsantosa said:

If I order on Wednesday the Fifth, and tell them on the phone I have a kid in 7th grade, they will give me 2 tickets and charge me $10?

yes

I take my kids every year, it's our new tradition.  It's too damn expensive to take them to real games; they aren't old enough to really enjoy it all anyway (3rd grade).

My wife and 3 kids go for $20.

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Remember last year...people bitching about them on the secondary market for 100 dollars...only to be told time and time again to just wait and you will get them for face value.

RELAX PEOPLE

Relax, don't do it
Don't bitch about dem tickets
Relax, don't do it
Just chill and let 'em come (down in price) 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Billsantosa said:

If I order on Wednesday the Fifth, and tell them on the phone I have twenty kids in 7th grade, they will give me 21 tickets and charge me $10?

14 hours ago, teachercd said:

RELAX PEOPLE

It was still a s#!t way of doing the spring game tickets and it still is the way they are doing it this year.  It’s just plain dumb in every way.  Just open the whole thing up on one date it had been fine that way for years.  

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, shyndy said:

It was still a s#!t way of doing the spring game tickets and it still is the way they are doing it this year.  It’s just plain dumb in every way.  Just open the whole thing up on one date it had been fine that way for years.  

It's smart if you're trying to make money and build your brand. Spring games have turned into incredible revenue opportunities, especially with the high program interest and recruiting potential. They're also trying to satiate season ticket holders to provide more value for their investments.

It sucks a bit for everyone else, admittedly, but that's capitalism I guess.

15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

It's smart if you're trying to make money and build your brand. Spring games have turned into incredible revenue opportunities, especially with the high program interest and recruiting potential. They're also trying to satiate season ticket holders to provide more value for their investments.

Except Nebraska isn’t building its brand, it’s maintaining an already highly valuable one and the athletic department already has boatloads of money.

It is way more valuable to allow those that can’t otherwise see a game to do so, to help build and maintain a fan base, which is its most valued commodity.

Yeah, I don't know why it isn't just open to everyone right away but if you want tickets you will get them...for face value.

1 hour ago, brophog said:

Except Nebraska isn’t building its brand, it’s maintaining an already highly valuable one and the athletic department already has boatloads of money.

It is way more valuable to allow those that can’t otherwise see a game to do so, to help build and maintain a fan base, which is its most valued commodity.

Yes, they are building their brand. They're always building their brand. Brands that solely maintain are the ones that fail.

And that's exactly what Nebraska's doing while capitalizing on the revenue gains. We can pretend to live in a sunshine and daisy world where the university does things out of the kindness of its heart. It's not reality. We had somebody in this thread admit that they're taking their family to the spring game because it's not feasible to go during the regular season. The university is essentially trying to get the best of both worlds - make money and please the fans. By and large, they accomplished both in 2018, so there's little incentive to change in 2019.

9 hours ago, brophog said:

I absolutely guarantee you you can get them at face value in the south stadium prior to the game

i would be happy to meet you there and you can have mine for free if they aren’t available for face value

face value tickets or below were also available for about half the home games this year

21 hours ago, Enhance said:

Lol they aren’t making any more money on it though they are just trying to give season ticket holders a pat on the back for some reason, at the expense of people with young kids that would be going.  I’d be fine with increasing the price a bit more than them handling the sales this way.  Idk it’s not that big of a deal to me- but it just seems like this does nothing but potentially make a few bucks for season ticket holders

Coach Walters' statement isn't exactly correct. Season ticket holders were able to buy on Tuesday the 5th, the day before the general public. That's when I got mine, and there were already a ton of seats sold, so we're a little off to the side instead of closer to the 50 yard line. 

I imagine it goes:

Monday:

Big money boosters

The team & staff

University faculty & staff

Tuesday:

Season ticket holders

Wednesday:

General Public

It'll be a 1pm kickoff for the 2019 Spring Game, just like God & Bob Devaney intended.

Any STH get tickets to the spring game Tailgate today? I guess it’s the innatural event.

Could use 2 more tickets if possible but only STH can get them. They are free.

I am not starting to get excited for the spring game.  Weather looks like it will be in the 60's so that is nice.

The plan (that literally no one cares about, not even my friends that are going with me)

Leave Omaha around 8:30 which should mean we are at the first bar by 10am at the latest (I am already starting to think that this is not early enough)

I am guessing we will start at Sandy's, my spring game experience has been that Sandy's is one of the more packed bars in the morning.  From there we will probably hit up Main Street Cafe/Pub, grab a tallboy and a shot...then it is off to Barry's.

Halftime will be the kicker...do we head over to the Rail Yard and finish things off or do we stay at Barry's?  

• Thanks 1

Just ordered tickets for Spring Game and printed. 

I am excited to be seeing it live, but also plan to DVR it too.

I haven't been to a Spring Game since 1996.  The Debut of Scott Frost, and the Brook Berringer Tribute.

They also explained how 1996 season was in tribute to Brook. 

I attended the make up game in 2018 and it will be interesting to see how much progress the team has made in the off season and thru Spring Practice. 

Saw on weather 4/8/19, high around 50 degrees.  A little rain early in the morning, but not during the game.  50 isn't horrible.  It's a lot more doable than nearly 80 and chances of severe weather. 

When you sell out for the Spring Game, there truly is No Place Like Nebraska.