2019 Spring Game - April 13 @ 1:00 CDT on BTN

9 hours ago, brophog said:

Except Nebraska isn’t building its brand, it’s maintaining an already highly valuable one and the athletic department already has boatloads of money.

It is way more valuable to allow those that can’t otherwise see a game to do so, to help build and maintain a fan base, which is its most valued commodity.

I absolutely guarantee you you can get them at face value in the south stadium prior to the game

i would be happy to meet you there and you can have mine for free if they aren’t available for face value

face value tickets or below were also available for about half the home games this year

21 hours ago, Enhance said:

It's smart if you're trying to make money and build your brand. Spring games have turned into incredible revenue opportunities, especially with the high program interest and recruiting potential. They're also trying to satiate season ticket holders to provide more value for their investments.

It sucks a bit for everyone else, admittedly, but that's capitalism I guess.

Lol they aren’t making any more money on it though they are just trying to give season ticket holders a pat on the back for some reason, at the expense of people with young kids that would be going.  I’d be fine with increasing the price a bit more than them handling the sales this way.  Idk it’s not that big of a deal to me- but it just seems like this does nothing but potentially make a few bucks for season ticket holders

Coach Walters' statement isn't exactly correct. Season ticket holders were able to buy on Tuesday the 5th, the day before the general public. That's when I got mine, and there were already a ton of seats sold, so we're a little off to the side instead of closer to the 50 yard line. 

I imagine it goes:

Monday:

Big money boosters

The team & staff

University faculty & staff

Tuesday:

Season ticket holders

Wednesday:

General Public

• Mavric changed the title to 2019 Spring Game - April 13 @ 1:00 CDT on BTN
  • 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

I am not starting to get excited for the spring game.  Weather looks like it will be in the 60's so that is nice.

The plan (that literally no one cares about, not even my friends that are going with me)

Leave Omaha around 8:30 which should mean we are at the first bar by 10am at the latest (I am already starting to think that this is not early enough)

I am guessing we will start at Sandy's, my spring game experience has been that Sandy's is one of the more packed bars in the morning.  From there we will probably hit up Main Street Cafe/Pub, grab a tallboy and a shot...then it is off to Barry's.

Halftime will be the kicker...do we head over to the Rail Yard and finish things off or do we stay at Barry's?  

• Thanks 1