2019 Spring Game - April 13 @ 1:00 CDT on BTN

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

As he was throwing that, the section football genius loudly says "What is he throwing that into!" very snarky like.  Then TD.  Then he made one of those grunt noises that indicated how sorry he was that he made that thought audible for us all to hear.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3

It felt like the defense was everywhere today.  Didn't matter what the play was, there were like 2-4 guys there all.trying to make the stop.  That's something that I haven't seen in a long long time.  And the offensive play makers looked like they had more hunger to fight for extra yardage.  I'm really excited for this season.

Personally I think the game was awesome. I expect the offense to be pretty good at a minimum, so to see that the defense wasn't just all talk was nice. It was tough sledding for the most part out there and Frost said the offense did well. This is how it should look this time of year. Blocking could have been better but the tackling was encouraging.

23 minutes ago, Redux said:

As he was throwing that, the section football genius loudly says "What is he throwing that into!" very snarky like.  Then TD.  Then he made one of those grunt noises that indicated how sorry he was that he made that thought audible for us all to hear.

You know what’s cool about that play? In the post game Adrian breaks down the entire play....from memory. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the game and only heard parts of the radio broadcast.   I am really curious as to what the impressions and opinions of the Huskerboard members are after getting to watch yesterday?

It seemed to me the defense played fairly well on a majority of snaps.   Were there are new formations or other hints of 'new' schemes or plays ?   Presumably Frost was not going to reveal much ahead of the fall.   I don't believe I recall any mention of any traditonal option type plays but the radio broadcast often missed plays altogether and was so busy with sideline interviews with former players, etc that they seemed to forget to cover the actual on field stuff.  

Just hoping some good discussion of the actual game and individual play and so on might shed some light on things.   Information has been so limited all winter/spring or atleast I haven't been able to keep up with what has been forthcoming.  Gonna be a long summer if the information 'blackout' continues.

'

I am also hoping we start hearing some real news on the recruiting and maybe start seeing a few commitments, etc.   It is about 140 days until kick off and 240 until signing day.   This is Frost's BIG year to really make the jump.  

28 minutes ago, 84HuskerLaw said:

Unfortunately, I was not able to watch the game and only heard parts of the radio broadcast.   I am really curious as to what the impressions and opinions of the Huskerboard members are after getting to watch yesterday?

It seemed to me the defense played fairly well on a majority of snaps.   Were there are new formations or other hints of 'new' schemes or plays ?   Presumably Frost was not going to reveal much ahead of the fall.   I don't believe I recall any mention of any traditonal option type plays but the radio broadcast often missed plays altogether and was so busy with sideline interviews with former players, etc that they seemed to forget to cover the actual on field stuff.  

Just hoping some good discussion of the actual game and individual play and so on might shed some light on things.   Information has been so limited all winter/spring or atleast I haven't been able to keep up with what has been forthcoming.  Gonna be a long summer if the information 'blackout' continues.

'

I am also hoping we start hearing some real news on the recruiting and maybe start seeing a few commitments, etc.   It is about 140 days until kick off and 240 until signing day.   This is Frost's BIG year to really make the jump.  

The game itself was kind of a snooze fest, and I know I’m not alone with that sentiment.  It was very basic, as always, but many top line players were out with (mostly) minor injuries or other issues.  It was nice to see some of the other guys, too, and some of the younger/less experienced guys did well for themselves, but when the RB corps consists mostly of walk ons, and no JD/MoWa/Robinson, etc, it lacked pizazz.

• Plus1 2