2019 Spring Game - April 13 @ 1:00 CDT on BTN

11 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I've asked in this thread and nobody has said anything.  I haven't seen a report from anyone on it.

Where are you seeing it's not serious?

Nowhere specific, maybe I should be more concerned than I am. Just judging based on walking off the field, and Frost saying we got out of the game "pretty healthy." I know the staff doesn't like to disclose injury information, I just feel like the question would've been answered differently if they were worried about an ACL or anything. Hopefully I'm right, but I feel like no news is good news.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

We probably won’t know where McCaffrey is on the depth chart this year. Although if we have some blowouts and he goes in after Martinez every time up to 4 games, that might be telling. I’m guessing it’ll mostly be Vedral though. 

Yep.

And although it's way too early to speculate on who the starter would be in 2022 (because we could recruit another 'Adrian Martinez' between now and then), redshirting McCaffrey would be such a huge deal. Knowing that he could be the starter with three years of practice/backup work starting his junior year with just what we've seen of him in the Spring game...wow. Huge potential there for us, IMO.

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yep.

And although it's way too early to speculate on who the starter would be in 2022 (because we could recruit another 'Adrian Martinez' between now and then), redshirting McCaffrey would be such a huge deal. Knowing that he could be the starter with three years of practice/backup work starting his junior year with just what we've seen of him in the Spring game...wow. Huge potential there for us, IMO.

No way Luke doesn't redshirt outside of Martinez getting injured. Starts the 2 year starter plan from here on out. 

47 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's too early to tell anything, but I'm not about to let that stop me:

There's a pretty big drop off from Martinez to Bunch. 

I'm not worried about Bunch.  I don't think he's that great but he's fourth-string at best.

But there was also quite a drop-off from the guys playing around Martinez and the guys playing around Bunch.  Plus a significant difference in the guys on the other side of the line.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are we just not going to talk about how Martinez was down by contact on this TD pass? White Team gettin' jobbed AGAIN.

The play was too good for me to care, and in a real game I don’t think he would have gotten to him. I could be wrong though. Maybe he picked that angle specifically to avoid hitting him.

10 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Are we just not going to talk about how Martinez was down by contact on this TD pass? White Team gettin' jobbed AGAIN.

Yeah, I thought it looked that way live and from the end zone view you can see that the rusher quit after touching him because he thought he was down.

2 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don’t care about no stinkin’ rules as long as Nebraska wins.

I root for the White Team in the Spring Game. They're always the underdog (except for 2005 when B*** C******* stacked the White Team to prove a point).

The White Team is 10-46-1 since 1962, losing by an average of two TDs. They've only won twice in the last twenty years.

I don't know what the exact "rule" is with the green jerseys, but the refs didn't call the quarterbacks down a few times when they could have. It seemed like they were giving them a little benefit of the doubt at times.

That's also why it's a bit tough to judge the official sack totals. I don't think some of them would've been sacks in a real game, but there were conversely a couple of plays where I thought the QB got away and he probably wouldn't have in a live game.