DT Matthew Pola-Mao [Kansas State - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

67 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Pola-Mao commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

17 hours ago, Huskinator said:

Also a bold move to think that a junior in high school is a better player than anyone in your lockeroom currently.  I’m not sure I believe this one...

I wouldn't say he is better right now by any means. He does have the measurables  and is a top 4 heavyweight wrestler nationally as a sophomore which is desirable for D linemen. If he has the head and continues his upward trajectory he could be a beast.

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

I wouldn't say he is better right now by any means. He does have the measurables  and is a top 4 heavyweight wrestler nationally as a sophomore which is desirable for D linemen. If he has the head and continues his upward trajectory he could be a beast.

I live in the Sioux Falls area and have watched Nash wrestle a couple times, he does not look his age... dude is a grown man and from what I’ve seen a pretty nice kid. Honestly as strong and disciplined as he is I wouldn’t be surprised to see him start as a true freshman.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Visit is in the works of being set up. 

He apparently had some academic issues but he has made up a bunch of ground and should be good to go. 

Clouse mentioned many have noted his film was not that impressive but he apparently was coming off an injury and had to miss 6 games due to transfer rules.  

HOL guys think we are trending in the right direction with him and Noa. 

• Plus1 4

Just wanted to remind everyone of this post: 

I wonder if Vaha is doing some "peer" recruiting?

More links of interest: The quote below comes from this source (Nov. 27th, 2018): https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/mckewon-tracking-the-impact-of-every-husker-newcomer-in/article_46b8369e-4352-5c55-b20e-641516f1c9ce.html

* Nose tackle Vaha Vainuku: Vainuku played in only one game, so it’s possible he has two years of eligibility left, but when did his clock start? He signed with Utah in 2012, went on a two-year mission, returned in 2015 and would be in his fifth year in 2019. My understanding is he’d have to request a sixth year of eligibility.

18 hours ago, cheekygeek said:

Just wanted to remind everyone of this post: 

I wonder if Vaha is doing some "peer" recruiting?

More links of interest: The quote below comes from this source (Nov. 27th, 2018): https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/mckewon-tracking-the-impact-of-every-husker-newcomer-in/article_46b8369e-4352-5c55-b20e-641516f1c9ce.html

* Nose tackle Vaha Vainuku: Vainuku played in only one game, so it’s possible he has two years of eligibility left, but when did his clock start? He signed with Utah in 2012, went on a two-year mission, returned in 2015 and would be in his fifth year in 2019. My understanding is he’d have to request a sixth year of eligibility.

Vaha is listed as a senior on the updated roster: http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=211733677&DB_OEM_ID=100&Q_SEASON=2019

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to DT Matthew Pola-Mao [Kansas State - Signed LOI]