Look back at Suh and the erroneous Hypesman

15 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Frazier had the best play of the year but I don't understand all the hate for Eddie George winning it? 

The best play of the year was after the award went to George.

I think what happened to Frazier was the fact that over his career, the back up QB was able to come in and almost run the offense just as well.....almost.

I still think Frazier deserved it that year.  But...oh well.

15 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Frazier had the best play of the year but I don't understand all the hate for Eddie George winning it

Same.  Obviously would have loved to see Tommie get it but Eddie George also went out and was ROTY in the NFL the next year.  That has nothing to do with winning the Heisman but it's a credit to how good Eddie George was.  Great players, both of them.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The best play of the year was after the award went to George.

I think what happened to Frazier was the fact that over his career, the back up QB was able to come in and almost run the offense just as well.....almost.

I still think Frazier deserved it that year.  But...oh well.

That's the problem, Nebraska could have their backups come in and still win.  Nebraska without frazier would have still been a top 5 team, what would Ohio State have been without George?  That's what the voters were looking at.

3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

That's the problem, Nebraska could have their backups come in and still win.  Nebraska without frazier would have still been a top 5 team, what would Ohio State have been without George?  That's what the voters were looking at.

So it's fair to say that Eddie George shouldn't have won because his offensive line was so good? That's essentially what you're saying here.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

So it's fair to say that Eddie George shouldn't have won because his offensive line was so good? That's essentially what you're saying here.

Nebraska without frazier would have still been a top 5 team.  Osu without George would have had 3 more losses.  George had better stats.  I think the heisman should be about the most valuable player and I think you could argue George was that guy that year.  

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Wow.  I'm on a Husker site and hearing that Nebraska is essentially the same team without Tommie Frazier in 1995.  If that's really the sentiment, I don't think I'm up for the challenge of convincing anyone otherwise.

I'm not saying we would be the same team but I'm just saying it's ridiculous to think frazier was easily the more valuable player than George.  

8 minutes ago, Jason Sitoke said:

Wow.  I'm on a Husker site and hearing that Nebraska is essentially the same team without Tommie Frazier in 1995.  If that's really the sentiment, I don't think I'm up for the challenge of convincing anyone otherwise.

Frazier missed a few games in 94 yet Nebraska still did pretty well.  Not saying we are the same team but we would still win.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Nebraska without frazier would have still been a top 5 team.  Osu without George would have had 3 more losses.  George had better stats.  I think the heisman should be about the most valuable player and I think you could argue George was that guy that year.  

I agree you could argue that Eddie George was the MVP of college football that year. I just happened to watch most of his games and all of Frazier's, and it's pretty clear to me Frazier was the MVP.

It's also weird that you consistently capitalize George but not Frazier.

2 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

You could argue that.  Ohio State had a chance to compete for a national title that year, but in the biggest game always for Ohio State against UM, George wasn't even the best running back on the field and barely cracked 100 yards in a run-heavy era of football.  Stats have context.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I agree you could argue that Eddie George was the MVP of college football that year. I just happened to watch most of his games and all of Frazier's, and it's pretty clear to me Frazier was the MVP.

It's also weird that you consistently capitalize George but not Frazier.

I'm on my phone, I have no control over what my phone does!  I also agree that you could make an argue for both, it seems like people on this board thinks there was a huge gap between the two.  I'm still saying 1a and 1b.