BlitzFirst

When Does Frost Get His First 5 Star?

2021 - think Garcia could end up a five star if he continues to dominate.

• Plus1 1

Xavier Betts. He is a fifth star in our hearts, no service will give it to him either. 

Agree with Garcia, he will be a great player but I think he will only be a four star.

I would say either 2021 or potentially 2020 if we win the CCG. One can dream. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

After he proves he can win consistently here and compete for championships. 

Hopfully thats starting next year. 

Im with you here. I think we have the potential to get a 5 star next year depending how rankings pan out (betts, Corcoran, hutmacher, etc.). I say next season we have a top 10-15 class and the year after we get a 5 star kid (Foster, Connor OL from Katy TX)..

one can dream right? 

His first month on the job when he got adrian martinez.  (5 star on my book)

Real 5 star will probably be a few years and to be honest it doesnt really matter.  True indicator will be when over half our class is 4stars.  

• Plus1 4
  • Upvote 1

I feel like results are going to come way before great classes or great individuals.  A comment that was made on multiple interviews by the coaches was that the staff only wants to out recruit each class with the class the following year with players that are slightly better than what is currently on campus to encourage competition - something to the effect of they don't want kids on campus that feel entitled.

28 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I feel like results are going to come way before great classes or great individuals.  A comment that was made on multiple interviews by the coaches was that the staff only wants to out recruit each class with the class the following year with players that are slightly better than what is currently on campus to encourage competition - something to the effect of they don't want kids on campus that feel entitled.

I don't think this staff will EVER recruit a kid that feels entitled to be honest...it flies in the face of having to work your tail off in practice in order to get your spot for games.

That's why I asked the initial question...because I think it's going to be 5+ years before he gets a 5 star on campus that has the right mentality and work ethic to go with it.  Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same or differently.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't think this staff will EVER recruit a kid that feels entitled to be honest...it flies in the face of having to work your tail off in practice in order to get your spot for games.

That's why I asked the initial question...because I think it's going to be 5+ years before he gets a 5 star on campus that has the right mentality and work ethic to go with it.  Just wanted to see if anyone else felt the same or differently.

Spot on !!!!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

Nail on the head.  He is thrilled to be able to recruit 4 star talent that meets his standards of ethics/work ethic and should turn several into 5 star players. At the end of the day that is what matters.

With the track record of development shown by this staff, especially at QB, a top 15 class every year should make this team damn good.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, swmohusker said:

True indicator will be when over half our class is 4stars.  

I think a more interesting question is "Can Nebraska ever compete with the Big Ten's top tier in recruiting?" When you look at the yearly rankings, it's pretty clear that Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State are the top tier for recruiting. We've pretty much been the top of the second tier since joining this conference, edging out schools like Wisconsin and Michigan State most years, but it's a pretty noticeable drop in average player rating behind the top three.

Over half the class being 4* guys? Right now, Penn State has 16 commits, and only one of them is rated 3*.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Football/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-Ten