Brett Maher

• 2 months later...

4 hours ago, funhusker said:

I have a "love/hate" with Maher and Gregory as a Cowboys fan.

I spend one second questioning their spot on the team and before you know it, they redeem themselves with an outstanding play.  Gregory especially...

Then, on the other hand, Collins has been a solid producer for his entire career. 

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Because football jerseys look funny on grown men who aren’t playing football.

Meh.  I've seen people's reasoning about that and while I kinda see where they are coming from, I don't really get why some people make it such a big deal.  Most sports fans have a favorite player growing up and many will own that players jersey.  Suddenly you become older and now you have to stop having a favorite player(s) or risk being a creep or "looking funny" if you buy their jersey?  I don't see it.

What about jerseys on grown men for other sports that they don't play?  Or is it just football?

For the record, I own one jersey, which I bought while I was in college and he was too (Rex Burkhead), that I haven't worn in years, so I'm not that jersey guy wearing them out a bunch but I still don't get the angst over it.

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Meh.  I've seen people's reasoning about that and while I kinda see where they are coming from, I don't really get why some people make it such a big deal.  Most sports fans have a favorite player growing up and many will own that players jersey.  Suddenly you become older and now you have to stop having a favorite player(s) or risk being a creep or "looking funny" if you buy their jersey?  I don't see it.

What about jerseys on grown men for other sports that they don't play?  Or is it just football?

For the record, I own one jersey, which I bought while I was in college and he was too (Rex Burkhead), that I haven't worn in years, so I'm not that jersey guy wearing them out a bunch but I still don't get the angst over it.

It’s any sport. And there’s no risk involved unless they care about my (and others’) opinions.

3 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

Haha but it's a somewhat popular opinion.  Just curious why people think that.

Well, just to add to the reasoning you say you’ve read, I don’t like the double standard where women tend to wear clothing that fits and men are a lot more likely to wear bags for shirts, and jerseys definitely fall into that category.

Us straight womenfolk like eye candy too.

• Mavric changed the title to Brett Maher