2018 Bowl Season

Mavric

9 hours ago, MLB 51 said:

I'm a little shocked at this game. Georgia played Alabama much better than this.

I think motivation and want-to can sometimes be a cop out, but, I believe it played a role in this game. This was a consolation game for Georgia after they failed (for the second year in a row) to beat Bama with everything on the line. Texas wasn't sniffing the CFP even if they had beaten Oklahoma last month, and then here was a chance to take on one of the best of the SEC and regain some national relevance.

That's not to say Georgia players didn't want to win. I'm sure they did. But, I don't think they put the same level of care/attention/interest into this game as they did the Bama game.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Enhance said:

I think motivation and want-to can sometimes be a cop out, but, I believe it played a role in this game. This was a consolation game for Georgia after they failed (for the second year in a row) to beat Bama with everything on the line. Texas wasn't sniffing the CFP even if they had beaten Oklahoma last month, and then here was a chance to take on one of the best of the SEC and regain some national relevance.

That's not to say Georgia players didn't want to win. I'm sure they did. But, I don't think they put the same level of care/attention/interest into this game as they did the Bama game.

IT JUST MEANS MORE ........ except when we don't care that it does.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Enhance said:

I thought I heard the announcers say that after the first 2-3 pre-bowl practices the coaches had to sit some of the starters down and talk to them about their effort.  I don't think the players cared that much

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sometimes guys do well in spite of their coaching.  Burrow and Haskins developed under Meyer and had at least a year with Ryan Day. Sam Ehlinger has Tom Herman as a head coach. Herman helped develop JT Barrett and Cardale Jones while at OSU. I think most Nebraska fans would counter this tweet with a gif of Taylor Martenez throwing the ball. 

26 minutes ago, jaws said:

Sometimes guys do well in spite of their coaching.  Burrow and Haskins developed under Meyer and had at least a year with Ryan Day. Sam Ehlinger has Tom Herman as a head coach. Herman helped develop JT Barrett and Cardale Jones while at OSU. I think most Nebraska fans would counter this tweet with a gif of Taylor Martenez throwing the ball. 

Also a lot of fans will go to great lengths to avoid giving any credit to someone they don't like