Mavric

WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]

HuskerBorad Predictor  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Player: Charles Njoku

Hometown: Wayne, New Jersey

School: Wayne Hills

Position: Wide Receiver

Height: 6-5

Weight: 200

40 Time

Power 5 Offers: Boston College, Georgia Tech, Indiana, Iowa State, Missouri, Nebraska, Purdue, Rutgers, Syracuse, Virginia, Wake Forest

Visits: 1/12/19

Twitter

247 Composite: #424 Overall; #51 WR; .8862; :star:star:star 

Rivals: #48 WR; :star:star:star:star 
247: #49 WR; :star:star:star 
ESPN: #117 WR; :star:star:star 

Hudl

The Njoku family has so far produced two FBS players, both of which ascended to the University of Miami in Cleveland Browns rookie tight end, David, and Miami freshman wide receiver, Evidence.

David was at one point committed to Rutgers, and began the exodus of 14 players to eventually decommit from the school's 2014 class, when not allowed by then head coach Kyle Flood to visit elsewhere while committed.

Yet, Rutgers recruited Evidence under new head coach Chris Ash, losing out to the Hurricanes, where his brother, David, had just completed a storied collegiate career.

But now there is a third Njoku on deck, and he is just as athletic and has the potential to be an even longer, more explosive athlete than them all.

"I'm taller than David," Charles Njoku told NJ.com. "Evidence is 6-6 now, and I'm 6-5 and still growing."

Link

5 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

Bro is a TE for the Cleveland Browns

Yes but the rumor is he decommited from Mizzou partially over the fact they might move him to TE

19 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Yes but the rumor is he decommited from Mizzou partially over the fact they might move him to TE

Hmm interesting.  Yeah I was just pointing out that his dad was a TE in the NFL/comes from good genes football wise.

3 hours ago, suh_fan93 said:

Hmm interesting.  Yeah I was just pointing out that his dad was a TE in the NFL/comes from a naturally strong family.

FTFY

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Frost, Held and Dawson have already been in-home.  Working to get him to visit in January.

He said he doesn't care if he plays TE or WR.

• Plus1 6

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Frost, Held and Dawson have already been in-home.  Working to get him to visit in January.

He said he doesn't care if he plays TE or WR.

Dawson with those Northeast connections was a big addition to this staff. It is no Florida or California but there are great players in that region as well. Really nice to have that connection on the team as some Husker greats have come from that region. 

He definitely fits the bill for the bigger bodied WR we are after. A slim to no chance we are going after him as a TE because we are full with enough bodies there.

• Plus1 2

He apparently is a Miami lean currently. I’m impressed how elusive he is for a tall guy. Has a quick first step and runs pretty fast. I could see him getting faster in the Corn’s conditioning program and being a one-on-one nightmare for DBs. 

17 minutes ago, Pedro G said:

He apparently is a Miami lean currently. I’m impressed how elusive he is for a tall guy. Has a quick first step and runs pretty fast. I could see him getting faster in the Corn’s conditioning program and being a one-on-one nightmare for DBs. 

I doubt it. He doesn't have an offer from Miami

• Plus1 1

There is a CB for Miami at 247. It’s the only CB there right now, and it could be a soft lean as far as I know — I really have no clue. Another source said he is a Miami lean — don’t remember who. So why Miami hasn’t offered is odd, but I hope they don’t. 

Well I’m assuming that David Njoku is his brother, who went to Miami as a TE and was a 1st round draft pick. So him being considered a Miami lean is understandable 

Edited by Roger Dorn
Didn’t read above, already been covered
  • Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Pedro G said:

There is a CB for Miami at 247. It’s the only CB there right now, and it could be a soft lean as far as I know — I really have no clue. Another source said he is a Miami lean — don’t remember who. So why Miami hasn’t offered is odd, but I hope they don’t. 

It is a old CB from Feb 2017, I wouldn't consider it relevant now. 

7 hours ago, Pedro G said:

That was back in 2017. It holds no weight. He probably just put it in because he knew his brothers went there.

Here this weekend on an OV, UCLA next weekend. UCLA has not offered yet. 

• Plus1 3

1. 6'4 WR

2. Brother in the NFL

3. Put up great stats this year in HS (1,106 receiving yards, 16 TD, 21 ypc)

I hate to beat a dead horse, but something doesn't add up. Our gain I guess - hopefully. 

• Plus1 1

12 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

1. 6'4 WR

2. Brother in the NFL

3. Put up great stats this year in HS (1,106 receiving yards, 16 TD, 21 ypc)

I hate to beat a dead horse, but something doesn't add up. Our gain I guess - hopefully. 

What is the point you are trying to make that things don't add up?

1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

What is the point you are trying to make that things don't add up?

Why he doesn't have more offers from notable programs. 

On 1/10/2019 at 9:04 AM, BigRedN said:

His brother playing for the Browns ... ya, that's it.  :-)

I realize this is in jest, but David Njoku really came on at the end of the season (as most Browns did). Once he got over the drops, he's turning into a great tight end. If Charles is in the same mold, sign me up!

Saw his highlights. Not a burner, but he’s not slow either. He seems to make the first defender miss. Could be a hybrid WR/TE. Love to see him develop in our conditioning program.  

Show him how we used Stanley Morgan last year, who had over 1,000 rec yards and is going to the NFL -- and that we still have JD and Wandale with a boss a$$ young QB 

#Committed 

1 hour ago, FaithfulHusker said:

Schaefer also thinks if he loves his visit then he will likely commit. 

I also think if he loves his visit he may commit. 

Man this is easy 

• Plus1 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I also think if he loves his visit he may commit. 

Man this is easy 

I think if he doesnt like his visit he will not commit to Nebraska

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

I think if he doesnt like his visit he will not commit to Nebraska

I think if he is neutral he may Atleast look elsewhere.   We are all nailing this. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, Huskinator said:

I think if he is neutral he may Atleast look elsewhere.   We are all nailing this. 

Excuse my ignorance as I don't have any access to premium sites where more information is likely available. Will they wait until Houston visits ( supposed to visit next week) and then make a decision?  Both players have significant upside and I would take both, but we can't take everyone since we are about maxed out assuming we get the other potentials.  I would think Houston would be a bigger get in terms of overall talent.

10 minutes ago, Norhusker said:

Excuse my ignorance as I don't have any access to premium sites where more information is likely available. Will they wait until Houston visits ( supposed to visit next week) and then make a decision?  Both players have significant upside and I would take both, but we can't take everyone since we are about maxed out assuming we get the other potentials.  I would think Houston would be a bigger get in terms of overall talent.

Yes and no...

we have multiple fast shorter guys.  Njoku is a different type of receiver.  Big body, good hands, and a different type than the others we’ve recruited.   I do think we would take both if we could. 

Loved the visit. Favorite part was the staff more so than facilities. Spent time with Martinez. 

No leaders as of now

• Plus1 5

24 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Loved the visit. Favorite part was the staff more so than facilities. Spent time with Martinez. 

No leaders as of now

Apparently, our facilities suck now, so.