WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBorad Predictor  

70 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Njoku commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2019 at 01:36 AM

I like to have Njoku. He gives us another big body. I, too, will be a little disappointed if we loss him. But we have big bodies at TE, and let’s see what Katerian Legrone can do at 6’3, and over 220 as a hybrid WR. Plus Hickman could be used as a hybrid WR in goaline situations. Providing that Hickman and Legrone are ready to play, we have those kind of receivers. While it be nice to add another — and an excellent one Njoku may develop into — I don’t see this as nearly a blow as it would be if we lost Wandale, who could become our biggest game breaking receiver since Fryer and Rodgers. 

6 hours ago, DrunkOffPunch said:

Don’t understand the infatuation with tall WRs. The majority of the dominant NFL WRs this year were 5’10 - 6’1.

Becuase they are harder to come by. You don't need a whole team of them, but to have one is def a bonus.

Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Travis Kelce, George Kittle were all in the top 10 in receiving yards - all are at least 6'2. In fact, I think there was only 1 under 6'1 in the top 10...

17 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Becuase they are harder to come by. You don't need a whole team of them, but to have one is def a bonus.

Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Michael Thomas, Adam Thielen, Travis Kelce, George Kittle were all in the top 10 in receiving yards - all are at least 6'2. In fact, I think there was only 1 under 6'1 in the top 10...

Two of those are tight ends and a separate position altogether. Your point is valid, but we will be okay as long as Allen and Rafdal progress. Hickman probably won't be ready and I'm not sure Njoku would have contributed much this year either.

21 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

It's not like we are bringing in all 5'9 guys.

Chase - 6'1

Nance - 6'0

Houston - 6'0?

Wouldn't be surprised to see at least one of them grow an inch or two to that 6'2 mark you referenced. 

4 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

If we’re just counting WRs then 6 of the top 10 are are 6’1 or under and that doesn’t even count OBJ. 

Edit- just to clarify I’m not saying I wouldn’t like some taller guys. I just don’t think it’s a necessity. A good scheme gets guys open and a lot of these taller guys in the NFL have supreme athleticism and route running skills so that they’re getting their separation at the break instead of bodying off guys and bullying smaller DBs for the ball. 

• Plus1 2
17 hours ago, DefenderAO said:

A game-changing TE is critical at this point.  Also, the way Robinson separates...we'd be okay...until he declared :cry

Which part is confusing? The difference a big time TE makes close to the end zone? Robinson’s ability to separate from defenders in tight spaces? The fact Robinson will likely be a pro?

• Mavric changed the title to WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]