WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBorad Predictor  

70 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Njoku commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/26/2019 at 01:36 AM

Certainly bummed to miss out on him.  Was a piece that added another dimension.

More than anything, for me, bummed to lose out in the battle to UCLA and Chip.  

Thus far, not impressed with what Chip has constructed.  Curious if anything special will take root at UCLA.  I know it us happening at :bigredn: , regardless of any one player.

Owa never materialized to anything in any level, very similar to UCLA as a whole.  No worries.

Let's build a great defense with these last few recruits.

1 hour ago, swmohusker said:

They both went to ucla and thats about it.  Darnay was a much bigger recruit nationally and was a much greater loss.  Darnay was also a major target for a long time.  Njoku popped up on the radar late

I know, in all reality it makes me think of matty and then I just get sad. I miss his optimism. 

Everyone wants to match the SEC and ACC speed but the real test is the size and physicality. Bama blended those two aspects better than anybody for a decade. The two teams who I saw who truly outmatched bama in the past 5 years were this seasons Clemson and 2014 OSU. 3 out of the 4 best WRs on those teams were over 6ft 3 and the 4th was 6ft 1. The higher the level of competition the better the man to man coverage will be and the need for a wider catch radius is amplified. Yes this offense puts playmakers in space but a big reason Oregon could never climb the mountain was because no matter the Xs and Os their players could never matchup. Weve seen tons of teams go spread and put up points in the regular season just to fall flat when it matter aka Chokelahoma

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, BigRedN said:

Certainly bummed to miss out on him.  Was a piece that added another dimension.

More than anything, for me, bummed to lose out in the battle to UCLA and Chip.  

Thus far, not impressed with what Chip has constructed.  Curious if anything special will take root at UCLA.  I know it us happening at :bigredn: , regardless of any one player.

Owa never materialized to anything in any level, very similar to UCLA as a whole.  No worries.

Let's build a great defense with these last few recruits.

That's not true he was hurt  a lot but was still an all conference guy his senior year and drafted.

34 minutes ago, LumberJackSker said:

That's not true he was hurt  a lot but was still an all conference guy his senior year and drafted.

Well ya, but what I thought he was gonna be in college and the pros was far more.  That's why I contributed to his thread so much.  I was butt hurt and thought he was gonna be special ... not just get drafted.

• Haha 1

I have to respect this young man. He is thinking ahead by wanting a communication degree from a very good school, and realizes that playing in the NFL may never happen. This I can see this as the deciding factor. As for fit, it wouldn’t surprise me if he thought both schools are equaly a great with that. 

4 hours ago, Pedro G said:

I have to respect this young man. He is thinking ahead by wanting a communication degree from a very good school, and realizes that playing in the NFL may never happen. This I can see this as the deciding factor. As for fit, it wouldn’t surprise me if he thought both schools are equaly a great with that. 

Agree with you there. 

Since its late in the process any chance we try and sway him with a week or so before signing day?

Can't remember the last time we did it, but it has happened before.

• Mavric changed the title to WR Charles Njoku [UCLA - Signed LOI]