It’s cold outside

8 minutes ago, funhusker said:

This song wasn't "banned".  A couple radio stations made a decision to not play it because they gave into customer complaints.

If you like the song, play it on YouTube or something.  

It's the same thing as when people started freaking out about the Dukes of Hazzard getting pulled from whatever channel it was.  The "freak out" over the "freak out" is just as annoying.

No it isn't.

1 minute ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I feel like the people who dig up old tweets on the biggest night of someone's life, are the same people who complain about Rudolph, and Christmas songs.... 

Disgruntled fans from the team whose player lost the Heisman are throwing shade on this song?  Interesting theory.

If a radio station feels the need to stop playing it, they could take a lesson from this Atlanta radio programmer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/12/05/baby-its-cold-outside-banned-more-radio-stations-causing-uproar/2213458002/

"We didn't turn it into public debate, or turn it into a ratings stunt," Tony Lorino wrote in a Facebook post. "We just knew it was the right thing to do for the audience we served and quietly removed the song from the playlist. (And, we never got complaints for *not* playing it, either; we had plenty of other great Christmas songs to play, after all.)"

7 minutes ago, funhusker said:

If a radio station feels the need to stop playing it, they could take a lesson from this Atlanta radio programmer.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/12/05/baby-its-cold-outside-banned-more-radio-stations-causing-uproar/2213458002/

"We didn't turn it into public debate, or turn it into a ratings stunt," Tony Lorino wrote in a Facebook post. "We just knew it was the right thing to do for the audience we served and quietly removed the song from the playlist. (And, we never got complaints for *not* playing it, either; we had plenty of other great Christmas songs to play, after all.)"

Exactly...in the end no one is even going to know.  It is not like people are driving around all day charting the songs that get played.

It is what adults to do kids...we don't let them know we took away/hid something of theirs that was annoying the f#&% out of us...we just make it disappear.

I thought the discussion would be about the meaning of the song, not whether people are offended by it.

Seems like a lot of people in this topic are offended at the thought of people being offended by it, but who’s offended by it other than a few callers? Asking whether it’s a date rape song does not require one to be offended. People being murdered and national media reporting on every murder does not mean the murder rate has increased. A few people calling in doesn’t mean a bunch of people are offended.

as @funhusker said, the freak out over the freak out is just as annoying. There seem to be far more people upset at people being offended than there are offended people.

@teachercd how were the lyrics you posted relevant? Maybe I don’t understand them but they just seem to be about girls’ panties getting wet and then hopefully having intercourse with them. I don’t see anything there that can be construed as nonconsensual sex. Maybe you can enlighten me on what I’m missing.

• Plus1 2