It’s cold outside

16 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

This reminds me of the Christmas vs Happy Holidays argument.

What's weird is that I would always say both before the argument, but now, definitely of course:D, I only say Merry Christmas (Even on the Christmas cards that I'm literally enveloping from my business right now!)... I don't care if people say Happy Holidays, though.

I don't think I've ever had someone wish me Happy Holidays in person. Americans are pretty lazy with language and we'll typically choose the option with fewer syllables. Kinda like how we have all these contractions in our language. 

Happy Holidays is five syllables. Merry Christmas is four.

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

I've never paid attention to the lyrics in this song and I don't intend to now.  Seems easier.

That is because you are not bats#!t crazy like Tipper Gore...One of the funniest things I have seen was Dee Snyder owning Al Gore and (though not present) his wife when it came to the discussion of his lyrics.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is because you are not bats#!t crazy like Tipper Gore...One of the funniest things I have seen was Dee Snyder owning Al Gore and (though not present) his wife when it came to the discussion of his lyrics.  

Don't get me wrong.  I pay attention to lyrics of songs.  Just not this one and others I think suck.

59 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Which is weird of you to make a point of, because people didn’t care about the phrase “Merry Christmas.”  It was a made up “war” to get Christians riled up over nothing. It should upset literally no one if Starbucks or Target or whoever want to write happy holidays, but IIRC that’s how the fuss started.

Edit: I did a little googling and one of the things that started the made up s#!t was Bill O’Reilly being upset that Wal-mart greeters were saying happy holidays. Some Republicans seem to want to be pro capitalism only at specific times. God forbid a store tries to be inclusive (if that even entered their mind).

10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Which is weird of you to make a point of, because people didn’t care about the phrase “Merry Christmas.”  It was a made up “war” to get Christians riled up over nothing. It should upset literally no one if Starbucks or Target or whoever want to write happy holidays, but IIRC that’s how the fuss started.

Edit: I did a little googling and one of the things that started the made up s#!t was Bill O’Reilly being upset that Wal-mart greeters were saying happy holidays. Some Republicans seem to want to be pro capitalism only at specific times. God forbid a store tries to be inclusive (if that even entered their mind).

Yeah, it really wasn't that big of a deal, or shouldn't have been.  Christmas is by far my favorite time of year, but it's mainly because of the commercialized side of Christmas for me.... The whole Santa thing, Christmas music, decorating, baking, presents, etc. I get into all that, it is just a feel-good thing to me.