Xmas Traditions

We do a small get together with my dad's side of the family on xmas eve (small because there just aren't a lot of them) and same with my mom's side. We then bustle over to my wife's family later in the evening on xmas eve for a grander get together as she has a lot more family.

Christmas Day itself is always the quiet day. When I was a kid, it was just my mom, dad, sister and I at home all day, playing with our new toys or watching movies. Now, my wife and I like to spend a relaxing day at home.

8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is awesome!

And...you are right.

Seriously, after the bloody Marys and mimosas at brunch, we usually just sip on beers all day while playing cards (Euchre) or some other games (Cards Against Humanity, What Do You Meme, etc)

My Christmas Eve/Day tradition is going to the bar. My family does Christmas early (which I usually get to make it too), so by the time the actual day(s) comes around I'm usually alone and without anything to do.

Last year it started snowing on Christmas Eve and I went down into the city to make this short film, though: