McGriff Leaves Program

ADS

10 minutes ago, MichiganDad3 said:

If grades had nothing to do with it, and if he was low on the depth chart at OLB, he would have made a nice project for DE. At 6-6 and 220, another 30 pounds would have given us a very athletic DE.

he must not have thought so - maybe he didn't enjoy the weight room as much as the other 100+ guys.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

He's the fourth member of Frost's first recruiting class to either leave the program or never arrive.  

So...how many more have to leave before it's a bust?  Just extending the same logic to all coaches ;)

Your forward thinking is much appreciated !!!! 

MR last class is missing the 1,2,3,4,6,8,13,16 and 19th best recruits.

SF is missing the 8, 10, 19  and 24th best recruits.

Looks like it may be awhile.....

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

He's the fourth member of Frost's first recruiting class to either leave the program or never arrive.  

So...how many more have to leave before it's a bust?  Just extending the same logic to all coaches ;)

If I remember right, we had 50+ new players at the start of the season.  I'm not too concerned if a few decide to leave.

Add a new recruiting class this year of close to 30, and I find it amazing that they turned the roster over in two years.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, melscott62 said:

This really sucks

I know we want all the recruits to work out and love Nebraska and do well, but it's not going to happen for all of them, and if they're on scholarship and not going to be able to contribute, I'd prefer if they leave and make room for a different player. This guy didn't play last year and seems to have been so far down the depth chart they didn't want him to stay at WR/TE, so I probably wouldn't use the phrase "this really sucks."

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

Roster turnover is incredibly common when you look at a recruiting class in totality. The best teams typically retain perhaps 60-70% of a recruiting class. So, if you sign a class of 25 kids and approximately 15 of them are still on the team after a few years, you're going to feel pretty good about yourself.

If it's true that he's lost four players from his first class, it's likely he'll lose approximately half of a dozen others before that class' time here is up.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I know we want all the recruits to work out and love Nebraska and do well, but it's not going to happen for all of them, and if they're on scholarship and not going to be able to contribute, I'd prefer if they leave and make room for a different player. This guy didn't play last year and seems to have been so far down the depth chart they didn't want him to stay at WR/TE, so I probably wouldn't use the phrase "this really sucks."

I know... It's pretty extreme.  I'll try to contain myself better next time lol