What other band would you like to see a movie about?

Can somebody tell me what is so great about Bohemian Rhapsody? I saw it. It was good and the music was good of course. Don't get me wrong, I liked it and thought they did a good job telling the Freddy Mercury story with the time they had. But now talk of awards and such.....I didn't think it was the greatest thing to hit the screen.

• Plus1 1

On 12/11/2018 at 7:12 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Boston.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:15 AM, teachercd said:

I like Boston a lot!  Do they have any band drama that you know of?  I guess I never followed them close enough to know.

On 12/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, BigRedBuster said:

They were one of my favorites growing up.  So many of their songs or albums seem like they should have an interesting story behind them.

Yeah, Boston would be interesting. IIRC the main guy, Tom Scholz, was an extreme perfectionist. Other than that all I know is that back in the day Barry Goudreau had a solo album I liked. Don't know if that was before or after he split with the band.

4 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Can somebody tell me what is so great about Bohemian Rhapsody? I saw it. It was good and the music was good of course. Don't get me wrong, I liked it and thought they did a good job telling the Freddy Mercury story with the time they had. But now talk of awards and such.....I didn't think it was the greatest thing to hit the screen.

Nothing really.

The story is interesting.  Music is great.  Movie is average at best.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...

On 12/11/2018 at 9:18 AM, BigRedBuster said:

Def Leppard would be a good one with the drama around the drummer losing his arm and coming back and playing.

Back in the 90s I really enjoyed watching "Behind the Music" on VH1 a lot, and  the Def Leppard episode was my favorite.