Other College Football Recruiting News

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

26 minutes ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I thought they got rid of the oversign and put a hard cap of 25 new scholarship players per year. I guess I haven't perused the NCAA rulebook lately... Not that it would help any.

You're right, I missed that from a couple years back. Counting back and you might still be able to gray shirt kids. You're also right that it is ridiculously over complicated.

3 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

So is the 25 new scholarships per year limit only a Big Ten thing?  Otherwise how do Alabama and Notre Dame take that many? Can you still count backwards?

25 is supposedly the hard cap.  Oversigning by 3 is a B1G thing but that only applies relative to the 85 cap overall.  25 is supposed to be the cap for any one cycle.

But there is some sort of exception if you lose a player after they sign or after they enroll or something.  I haven't figured out exactly what it is but the Huskers were supposed to get 1-2 back because of the guys from last year's class that went back to Florida.

• 2 weeks later...